Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I've no problem with him coaching if he's good enough. It was the CCB being dead set against the use of an outside Senior Coach to replace KK that I was trying to fathom. We've had guys playing senior hurling for Cork who weren't even born in the county, so what exactly is the issue with going outside of the county for the Senior Coach/Manager if one good enough to win us an AI becomes available?
Ah that's easy, Money. You know how much Davy (although I believe he isn't too bad), Eddie B, Sheedy etc would command.

Cork can win All - Ireland in 2025 if proper structures and personnel are put in place now. 2023 will have to be sacrificed as will some of the senior players. No point in walking half a tight rope and turning back. You must be prepared to go the full distance.

Going back to my previous point - how many do you think would get in now? Id still only really probably have Tony Kelly in there. Shane O Donnell could force his way in but you couldnt argue if he was left out too. The rest? Limerick in every line are superior to everyone else in the country.
A winning team gives the impression of having better individual parts than it actually has. Limerick have 4 or 5 great players but so many of the others are similar to players on every other county's teams. Put a few of our lads into the Limerick winning machine and they'd look world beaters too.

A winning team gives the impression of having better individual parts than it actually has. Limerick have 4 or 5 great players but so many of the others are similar to players on every other county's teams. Put a few of our lads into the Limerick winning machine and they'd look world beaters too.
Spot on. As we’ve seen with Kilkenny and Dublin and many other great teams even what look like unbeatable teams have three or four irreplaceable players and when they finish up or lose form performance falls off.

Shane Dowlng writing in the RTE app that Kingston should stay and that the Galway defeat was a blip….I’d say he was laughing all the way to the end of writing that column.

It’s nuts to think he was offered another year at the end of the match. IF it’s true then its just ludicrous and shows a complete lack of tact and any kind of awareness by the CB.

In my mind he’s had his chances and it’s time to move on. If he stays they need to reassess the rest of the backroom. This is results driven why aren’t people being held accountable? Instead they supposedly offer another year. Makes KOD look inept unless they know something we don’t.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Underground Ovation Open Decks

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼