Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Yes.
My point yesterday I think was some have been waiting for us to exit to pile on. Now to be fair Tony Considine wasn't doing that but it's only 2 days after they went out, to be talking about replacement managers and players being past it already is a bit much and that's Kingstons point.
That’s the nature of the beast though isn’t it? Their term is up so technically they are finished the morning after the game so I dunno what the drama is about

On the flip side of the coin some weasel is on the cork supporters page on Facebook saying Hoggy has retired. He deserves a whipping for that

Yes.
My point yesterday I think was some have been waiting for us to exit to pile on. Now to be fair Tony Considine wasn't doing that but it's only 2 days after they went out, to be talking about replacement managers and players being past it already is a bit much and that's Kingstons point.
Tbh, that's the nature of the job. We were appalling in the AI final and league final. We played 6 games this year won 3, lost 3, it isn't good enough. The search for a new management needs to start immediately, why should they sit on the hands and wait?
I thank him for the job he done and his commitment to Cork but in the end it was a failure. Is 2 days too soon, how about waiting a week to talk about it or maybe a month?

That’s the nature of the beast though isn’t it? Their term is up so technically they are finished the morning after the game so I dunno what the drama is about

On the flip side of the coin some weasel is on the cork supporters page on Facebook saying Hoggy has retired. He deserves a whipping for that
Facebook has a Cork supporters page:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What annoyed me most about that sequence wasnt the shoulder but Alan Cadogan instead of looking for the ball off Harnedy he turned his back and was more concerned with convincing the ref it was a foul.
I'd say Hangerdy didn't know what day it was, not to mind being able to give a pop pass to Cadogan, after that shoulder charge to the head from that Galway pr!ck. Shefflin was really smug about it after, almost gloating on the Sunday Game. Sums him up.

That's a red card in rugby never mind hurling. Health & Safety me arse!

I'd say Cadogan was worried more about his team mate's well being (concussion) than anything else at that time which is perfectly understandable.

I was delighted and relieved to see Hangerdy get to his feet so quickly. No surprise he was subbed shortly after.

Let's wait and see about clare, I'm not convinced. They have the same players that have continually failed over the last number of years. The media have taken to them after their darlings waterford were shown up. Not much between them and wexford.
I tend to agree, they pushed Limerick all the way, a Limerick team missing one of the best hurlers in the country, now if the same happened Clare and they were missing one of the best hurlers in the country ie TK, how close would they have been.

Eddie Brennan at pains to point out he was born in Cork on OTB this morning!

In all seriousness though, Ben O Connor is the man, new broom etc, if they appoint from within the current set up it’ll just be a continuance of the mediocrity we’ve had since JBM left.

Every management decision since Jimmy left has been uninspiring. Why would they be afraid to mix it up? At least Frank would’ve thrown the odd curveball

People saying there's a new keeper needed. I go to a fair few games at club level in different grades, I can't name a keeper that I've seen who's better than Collins.
Hickey from glen is good but at 34 years of age that option has passed
Dalton is probably actually the only other one at that level
I have an issue with two keepers from the one club a long time now and have posted about it several times now but as you say, Hickey's age is most likely against and afaik he got married last year and is captain of the Glen again this year, huge commitment to train 4 or 5 nights and most likely be second, even third choice. It's a young mans game now. As for Dalton, when he was the last time he even played in goal.
I wouldn't be too harsh on Collins, he made a mistake, it happens, it's a lonely position and no doubt he is blaming himself more than any one however I deffo want someone challenging him for number 1 spot next year other that a clubmate and brother.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼