Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I agree with most of your post except SK. He got a good goal in fairness but I know he struggled too. It seemed that management had copped on regarding opposition puck outs v Waterford but today again we were all over the place. Why we didn't go man for man I'll never know. The amount of time that a Galway player had a free shot at goal as a result of our lack of marking from puck outs was criminal. That is basic organisational stuff. There are so many simple things that we just don't get right and that comes from bad management. As you said Lohan wouldn't tolerate it and look where they are.
He did get the goal, and a great one at that, his pick was beautiful and he finished where we failed the other 3 times, but the rest of his match was a series of poor misses and poor play

I’m still scratching my head on the puck outs. It was so needlessly easy for them at times it was maddening

Those misses in the first half are haunting they were a lot easier to score than miss , we should have been out the gap at half time ...its very consolation to get within a point in the end
A very tough defeat to take .....look we still have a very young squad and more young talent waiting ....the future is bright ....but right now a sickenr.
Well done Ciaran Joyce our best player this year followed by Robbie Flynn and while today was a poor day Conor Lehane did a lot to get us to this Q-final..
The start we had was indicative of what seemed like a casualness on our behalf. We didn’t seem tuned in right from the start. It cost us big time

I do worry sometimes that people think because we won a few underage all irelands it's a matter of time before it happens. It doesn't work that way.

2022 : Lose a league final and lost a quarter final to Galway in Thurles. We haven't moved the dial an inch since 2015.

I do worry sometimes that people think because we won a few underage all irelands it's a matter of time before it happens. It doesn't work that way.

2022 : Lose a league final and lost a quarter final to Galway in Thurles. We haven't moved the dial an inch since 2015.
2017 felt like a new dawn.

It was a false dawn.

The start we had was indicative of what seemed like a casualness on our behalf. We didn’t seem tuned in right from the start. It cost us big time
More rubbish.
I thought we started well, we won a load of breaking ball we robbed ball and we seemed well on top but we couldn't hit a barn door from dead in front of it. That and the freak goal meant we ended up well behind at half time.
Galway did much better in the second half so we never were able to catch them.
wattsthesafeword-wts.gif

Looking at it from a neutral point of view Cork have delusions of grandeur. Ye beat a Tipp team in transition and a Waterford team clearly in distress and some of ye thought ye were world beaters. Some even asked who ye would play WHEN ye beat Galway.

Lets be honest, this Cork team are bang average and thats it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Kisses, Juozas (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5pm

More events ▼