Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I just think Collins is too comfortable in goal. His only competition is his brother and I question how hard they push each other.
I'd like to see Saunderson from Midleton or Davis from St Catherines brought into the fold. Collins may well be the best we have, but a bit of competition is needed.

Four goalkeepers named and no mention of Cathal Hickey who has probably been the best club keeper in Cork for the last 5 years.🤷‍♂️

Four goalkeepers named and no mention of Cathal Hickey who has probably been the best club keeper in Cork for the last 5 years.🤷‍♂️
I had him in mind but couldn't for the life of me remember his name, has been outstanding for the Glen. I remember I think it was 2 years ago his performance against Newtown on Rte. He was unbeatable

Galway were there for taking. Between the 2 soft goals and the wasted wides and goal chances if 25% of those go over Cork win this game at a canter. Very frustrating to watch! Cork only have themselves to blame but that ref was a disgrace and a number of key wrong decisions could have been the difference but again you can’t go blaming refs when you throw away a game to an average Galway team

I didn't see the knee til it was slowed down.
Definitive a shoulder to the head. Very dangerous but I don’t think he was intending that. He was trying to meet his shoulder at full speed, any slight variance on either side and it could be worse. No way the ref can make a proper call on that in real time.

Thought the ref was a bit trigger happy with the whistle. Kept blowing for over carrying when another ref would let it run. And very few calls for the obvious throw ball instead if hand passing that both sides were guilty of. The lack of consistency from refs is very frustrating. If KK were playing with that ref today Cody‘d be having a stroke on the sideline with the rage. Didnt think he cost Cork anything though. We lost this by having a shyte first half. Someone said first half was Murphy’s law and that was spot on. Nothing went right, silly goals let in, loads of wides, silly goal chances when a point would have been more beneficial. Second half was better but at times we were getting in our own way. I dunno it’s getting mightily depressing watching Cork inter county hurling since 2005. We get close occasionally but we never seem to learn and push on to win the final. if we don’t win one soon with the great minors and u20 it’ll be a travesty.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼