Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wasn't pointing out his contribution to that particular game but more the change in his own performance he got two well taken scores compared to a couple of weeks previous when he was even struggling with the basics,barrett also came on and done similar,we need our bench firing if we are to stand any chance from here on in!

On Hoggie being left out I would imagine it's a rest he's getting and not dropped but I do think he needs to be left out of the starting 15 he hasn't been doing the business at all this year,i get people saying he has dedicating so much to cork hurling but no player on any team in any sport should warrant special treatment on account of what they've done in the past,if you want to be successful you need to pick the team on merit and he's simply not performing this year,even his placed balls have been questionable and Lehane Kingston Coleman and even Connolly are well able to hit them!

P.S I'd love nothing more than Hoggie to find a bit of form again but the legs are just simply not there anymore.

Of course he was dropped. You don't just rest one fella, especially when they're not lighting it up week in week out. If KK was any way interested in getting Hoggie back on form he would've started him against Antrim, he'd have scored a tonne and got the confidence back. If anything it'll probably set him back further. Long term i think it's the right decision, TO'M had to start.

Does anyone think as I do, that JoC and Cadogan are similar type of players and I think this match would have been a great opportunity to include someone like S. Twomey

Does anyone think as I do, that JoC and Cadogan are similar type of players and I think this match would have been a great opportunity to include someone like S. Twomey
No! Cork need to lay down a marker against Antrim, and not allow them into the game. Jack O’ Connor probably will make an appearance during the game, but Cork will be up for this one. Antrim ran Waterford close in league in Belfast, when the Decies were going well. This is not the time for experimentation. Glad to see TOM start!

He isn't injured but is flying in club games. Always gives it 100%
Yeah I know, he’s a big unit, fabulous striker of the ball and has a great work ethic, but we dont fancy him. If they kept him involved in the panel tomorrow would have been an ideal game to give him a half. Mad to close off your options like that but that’s where we are

Last edited:
Of course he was dropped. You don't just rest one fella, especially when they're not lighting it up week in week out. If KK was any way interested in getting Hoggie back on form he would've started him against Antrim, he'd have scored a tonne and got the confidence back. If anything it'll probably set him back further. Long term i think it's the right decision, TO'M had to start.
agree with all this but i think he will be first sub and will play half an hour in the remaining matches. Also agree on Dalton, if we were building a team to beat Limerick Dalton would surely be in it. Last time we beat them he did his bit. https://www.the42.ie/cork-limerick-hurling-4642415-May2019/ Actually with the way hurling has gone in recent years its very surprising to me that Dalton isnt a mainstay.

There is no one coming in from outside the squad at this point of the season.

As far as the subs go I'm sure if a fella was motoring in training he'd be getting a place on the bench and some game time. Kingston has always been good at bringing young players into the squad. Some of the younger lads on the squad will be closer next year.

Probably big changes again next year, new management, new young players in the squad and players in the squad becoming fixtures on the team.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼