Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Nothing nuanced about it, the players took a sledgehammer to the tactics after the Clare game and we are now reaping the rewards
Are you seriously championing player power?
The poster who said on here that he supported Frank 100%?

You're some massive fucking hypocrite.
You're that annoying prick behind me whos shouting drive it in long everytime the cornerback has the ball. You're a dinosaur as regards tactics. Just cos your from the Barr's you think youre hurling royalty even though your club is more football now.
Your Ilk and attitude which kept the status quo in power is why we are where we are.

Corks tactics have changed. They still try to play it through the lines, as do most successful teams bar Kilkenny but when a long pass is on or when under pressure they play it long now.
It's not a reinvention of the wheel it's just a tweek.

And your reluctance to give the management team credit when let's face it they have done exactly what's required and got us to the quarter final by evolving the team? Laughable.

Christ they are all out today on day leave by the looks of it 😀

Not championing player power at all and well you know it, players should have no say in who their manager is but players must be part of the tactical plan, junior b teams do that for fuck sake and if players see the wood from the trees and management can’t then the players were right to tell them within the confines of their own group to change. Thankfully the management were big enough to take it on board. Kieran Kingston is a great guy and has served us well for a decade now but he cannot be immune to constructive criticism. The stuff they were getting wrong were basics which should be ironed out long long before championship but they weren’t and it almost cost us our season.

You’re just another one stuck on this idea that it’s either long ball or short, hurling is a mix of all sorts of plays, all decided by players in the blink of an eye, unfortunately we believed we could pre programme our inter county hurlers to play a tippy tappy optimise possession game when all it done was cough up possession in dangerous places time and time again, who was responsible for playing that way and why the sudden change of tack midway through the championship? Did they travel down the road to Demascus or were they driven? I will give the management credit when they deserve it and for the last 2 games they have picked the right team and played the right tactics. Before that we were a shambles. So yes it has been a reinvention of the wheel for us

Ah you must be the langer sitting in front of me saying it’s all franks fault when we coughed up the ball time and time again with our backwards and sideways tippy tappy shit.

My club is hurling royalty and I am very proud of that but that doesn’t make me any better than you or anyone else, but if you have a chip on your shoulder over that then that’s your issue not mine

And Frank is long gone, get over yourself ffs

You're that annoying prick behind me whos shouting drive it in long everytime the cornerback has the ball. You're a dinosaur as regards tactics. Just cos your from the Barr's you think youre hurling royalty even though your club is more football now.
Your Ilk and attitude which kept the status quo in power is why we are where we are.

Corks tactics have changed. They still try to play it through the lines, as do most successful teams bar Kilkenny but when a long pass is on or when under pressure they play it long now.

And your reluctance to give the management team credit when let's face it they have done exactly what's required and got us to the quarter final by evolving the team? Laughable.

Last edited:
Christ they are all out today on day leave by the looks of it 😀

Not championing player power at all and well you know it, players should have no say in who their manager is but players must be part of the tactical plan, junior b teams do that for fuck sake and if players see the wood from the trees and management can’t then the players were right to tell them within the confines of their own group to change. Thankfully the management were big enough to take it on board. Kieran Kingston is a great guy and has served us well for a decade now but he cannot be immune to constructive criticism. The stuff they were getting wrong were basics which should be ironed out long long before championship but they weren’t and it almost cost us our season.

You’re just another one stuck on this idea that it’s either long ball or short, hurling is a mix of all sorts of plays, all decided by players in the blink of an eye, unfortunately we believed we could pre programme our inter county hurlers to play a tippy tappy optimise possession game when all it done was cough up possession in dangerous places time and time again, who was responsible for playing that way and why the sudden change of tack midway through the championship? Did they travel down the road to Demascus or were they driven? I will give the management credit when they deserve it and for the last 2 games they have picked the right team and played the right tactics. Before that we were a shambles. So yes it has been a reinvention of the wheel for us

Ah you must be the langer sitting in front of me saying it’s all franks fault when we coughed up the ball time and time again with our backwards and sideways tippy tappy shit.

My club is hurling royalty and I am very proud of that but that doesn’t make me any better than you or anyone else, but if you have a chip on your shoulder over that then that’s your issue not mine

And Frank is long gone, get over yourself ffs
You haven't a notion what went on in the Cork dressing room. You're just a loudmouth know nothing masquerading as an expert on a local forum. Kingston el al don't give a fuck about some no nothing Frank fan prick giving them credit or not.
Show me your Celtic cross you joke.
You declared your loyalty to the destructer of Cork hurling. Why? Because he tickled you and your ilks balls along the way.

No. I don't criticise the players and I understand the game a lot better then you. You can't even read posts.
They still try to play it through the lines, as do most successful teams bar Kilkenny but when a long pass is on or when under pressure they play it long now.
You came out with this after I said that?
You’re just another one stuck on this idea that it’s either long ball or short,

Your club isn't hurling royalty by the way. Your past it as a hurling club. You were always wankers but now you're irrelevant wankers. Stick to the football.

You are funny, bitter but funny

Stay off the juice, it’s not doing you any good 😂😂😂
You haven't a notion what went on in the Cork dressing room. You're just a loudmouth know nothing masquerading as an expert on a local forum. Kingston el al don't give a fuck about some no nothing Frank fan prick giving them credit or not.
Show me your Celtic cross you joke.
You declared your loyalty to the destructer of Cork hurling. Why? Because he tickled you and your ilks balls along the way.

No. I don't criticise the players and I understand the game a lot better then you. You can't even read posts.

You came out with this after I said that?

Your club isn't hurling royalty by the way. Your past it as a hurling club. You were always wankers but now you're irrelevant wankers. Stick to the football.

👍

Thats it in a nutshell

Nope we already know. If Cork win a game it's because the other team are shit. If Cork lose a game it's because Cork are shit. And if somehow Cork win the All Ireland they will have

(a) fell over the line

and

(b) devalued the competition by being beaten twice.
Clare hammered tipp
Tipp are a poor side

Cork did the business v waterford who proved to be extremely fragile as it turns out considering their performance v clare

Clare hammered tipp
Tipp are a poor side

Cork did the business v waterford who proved to be extremely fragile as it turns out considering their performance v clare
Sure if we follow that to it’s logical conclusion nobody has won a match yet in the Munster championship this year, because wins against Tipp and Waterford don’t count, and clearly Cork get no credit for beating them, therefore beating Cork doesn’t count either, and Limerick v Clare was a draw so nobody has won a match and everyone is shit.

I’m old enough to remember Deiselona, because I’m more than two weeks old.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼