Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’ll just leave this here for you Hanky Panky

Opinions change as season progresses shocker!!
You should post that a third time m8.

It won't matter who is in charge next year. You will be trotting out the same old bollocks about 'intensity', 'physicality', 'big strong men' like you've discovered fire.

Cork have the players at u20 the last two years. Hopefully they can make the adjustment to senior intercounty hurling in the next 24 months.

Il tell you one thing. I wont be wishing the team to lose to Waterford as you have.

Last edited:
Bluffer alert
Opinions change as season progresses shocker!!
You should post that a third time m8.

It won't matter who is in charge next year. You will be trotting out the same old bollocks about 'intensity', 'physicality', 'big strong men' like you've discovered fire.

Cork have the players at u20 the last two years. Hopefully they can make the adjustment to senior hurling in the next 24 months.

Il tell you one thing. I wont be wishing the team to lose to Waterford as you have.

Would alter your goalie to eoin Davis. Puck outs saunderson is poor. Eoin roche and Cormac o brien go switch positions. Downey to centre back with Daire o Leary wingback and not Tommy centre back. We need to sort a solid side. one without sweepers and false positions. Midfield looks good and you can add Brian roche to midfield or the forwards and Brian hayes from st Finbarrs would be in the team as another ball winner. Connolly to full and Towmey on the wing. But that would be a solid tougher team
1 eoin Davis
2 Cormac o brien
3 eoin roche
4 Billy Hennessey
5 Ethan Towmey
6 Eoin Downey
7 Daire o Leary
8 Brian o sullivan
9 Brian roche
10 Brian Hayes
11 Declan Dalton
12 sean Towmey
13 Colin o brien
14 Alan Connolly
15 padraig power

It wouldn’t be a bad team and 13 all Ireland u20 winners on that side. We arguably lack proven winners with the seniors. Then to add Joyce and Barrett would give you an all ireland u20 team to go forward with. We need more proven winners in the senior team. Too many have lost too many finals to count unfortunately
That could easily be the Cork team, but maybe around 2024.

the amount of people just retiring hoggy just like that unreal.
I think the problem is in him being an automatic starter in every game.
I think we have a few who need a management team that are prepared to leave anybody off the team , I don't think we have that at present.

My own personal gripe with Patrick Horgan is him ambling out the field , maybe 100 yards, to take a free. It wastes so much time, even last week against Clare when we were well behind we see Patrick walking out to take the free.

Lets call a spade a spade T O Mahoney cant mark and should not be in the backline centre forward is the ideal position for him,Connolly @ F/Forward with Hoggie in the corner.The game against waterford can be won imho if the team is positioned right but i have little hope that will happen

I think Daire O Leary’s best position is at wing back. A half back line of DOL and Downey on the wing, with Ciaran Joyce centre back is a great half back line for the future.

Has anyone came to the view that the best 15 players in cork are materially worse than the best 15 players in limerick and Waterford etc?

Bit of realism needed
That might well be the case but it’s hard to come to that conclusion without seeing what our 15 could do with a coaching ticket like Limk @ Waterford have in place. It’s hardly a level playing field.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼