Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There is no denying he is in great form but sooner or later we will (hopefully not) need to bring some one on to turn the game and imho Shane is the ideal man.
4-17 is great scoring but 2-17 of that was got against Offaly and a terrible Clare team that night.
Last year semi he scored 0-07 as a sub and a goal in the final playing a full 70 mins i think.

There is no denying he is in great form but sooner or later we will (hopefully not) need to bring some one on to turn the game and imho Shane is the ideal man.
4-17 is great scoring but 2-17 of that was got against Offaly and a terrible Clare team that night.
Last year semi he scored 0-07 as a sub and a goal in the final playing a full 70 mins i think.
I know what you're saying BB but watch the replay of the second goal from last week. Once Lehane makes the burst, Kingston sprints full pelt about 25 yards to be in position to tap in the rebound. He wasn't there by luck - he put himself there through intuition and then effort. He needs to start.

Good news now is that there are plenty of other lads who could come off the bench to make an impact - from young fellas like Connolly, O'Brien, Twomey & Power to older lads like Cadogan or maybe even Lehane if he doesn't start.

Shane has earned his place. Let others get ahead of him through performance if they're good enough. If we end up there we'll be in good shape.

Yes Kingston is a very good forward, very fast when he gets a run on a defender. What ive seen of him the last 3 to 4 yrs he doesnt have much in the locker besides his speed. He will get the ball and go, doesnt have great vision (doesnt bring other forwards into the play), poor in the air, can sometime the flight of the ball which shows hes not used to fileding ball. Dont get me wrong a very good player but just lacks these attributes to be a very good overall player

You can't leave your best players on the sideline.

Yes Kingston is a very good forward, very fast when he gets a run on a defender. What ive seen of him the last 3 to 4 yrs he doesnt have much in the locker besides his speed. He will get the ball and go, doesnt have great vision (doesnt bring other forwards into the play), poor in the air, can sometime the flight of the ball which shows hes not used to fileding ball. Dont get me wrong a very good player but just lacks these attributes to be a very good overall player
He is a scoring forward, that is the most important attribute a forward can have.

One thing about Kingston's red is hopefully it doesn't interrupt the form that he was on. That and not being on the frees. Didn't see enough of him last weekend to see if not being on frees puts him back. Two goals were poacher goals.
Shane was a lot quieter last Sunday, he still struggles to win his own ball which will be crucial come championship. However he has been in rare form in the first two games, his workrate has been impressive and he’s got jightening pace so for me he is in pole position ahead of Jacko to start championship next to Hoggy

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼