Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Burke couldn't make it last season and won't make it in 2018.
It may be Joyce dropping back or O Donoghue or Browne in the corner.

You may have rated McDonnell in 2017, I didn't.
To be fair no back was introduced at any stage in Championship, ,Murphy, Conor Sul ,Burke, Lorcan etc etc , didn’t need to until A1 semi and we all know what happened there .

To be fair no back was introduced at any stage in Championship, ,Murphy, Conor Sul ,Burke, Lorcan etc etc , didn’t need to until A1 semi and we all know what happened there .
You made a point great for you otherwise it was looking like Loose Women or Elaine for you.
Conor Sullivan is to small and very unlucky to not have pace . Could have been a great corner back but would be eaten alive by just say a John McGrath or Conor Whelan. Not sure which Murphy you are on about if it the Rockies lad then defiantly worth looking at again. He was great this year for the Rockies. Burke is a tight marker club wise but has many chance to prove himself including the hammering UN21. Regard Lorcan It's not fair to class him as a defensive player. He has done it before with Cork wing back etc... and CIT.
I would see Lorcan as perfect guy to come on when either Cooper or Fitzgibbon has ran themselves ragged. Lorcan can pop them over when it matter. But Cooper and Fitzgibbon for me in the middle next year. IMO Cooper is the most improved player over the last few years. If he gets his scoring right options he could very well be an All Star next year.

I doubt very much that Stephen McDonnell or any other player has been told they are dropped... a full month before we play any game for the new season and two months before the new league.
If he has been told that he is fighting for his position then great that is what he should be told.

I don't like seeing any player leaving the squad but two years ago when five were cut buy KK there were some who predicted disaster and yet it worked out quite well.

I don't believe any player on the squad feels that he is a guaranteed starter but maybe there are a couple who feel they can no longer give all the commitment needed just to sit on a bench.
Some players released from the squad more than three weeks ago ! Fact !

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: The Gong Show

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼