Cork Hurlers - Part 2

In the wake of winning our first game in a while? Think we need to tone things down a tad lads.
Fans in all sports can be fickle, A few short weeks ago this team were slated by many and were a few minutes away last night of standing accused of letting the fans down again, i.e after a great 1st half a 2nd half meltdown.

Fans in all sports can be fickle, A few short weeks ago this team were slated by many and were a few minutes away last night of standing accused of letting the fans down again, i.e after a great 1st half a 2nd half meltdown.
To be far m8, they were poor against Waterford. Better against Clare. Very good against Limerick.

That doesn't mean (a) they're a shite team or (b) they're going to be AI champions this year.

Nobody should be slating anyone and generally the decorum here, most of the time, is miles more respectful than Twitter or FB. When they win I like that people get a bit carried away for a few days when deep in the back of your mind you know Limerick could decapitate us if we meet again etc But it's ok to dream! It keeps us going, the off season is a long 8 months!

Cork don’t mind plying in Thurles. Home from Home 🤞
True we have a good record up there but the weeks rest and preparation will stand to tipp.

I still fancy us to beat them but I’d never ever write of a Tipp team.

Of all the connotations mentioned in this last few weeks for Cork to progress the biggest long shot of all was toppling Limerick, the rest seem more likely but there is no easy games in Munster hurling and every week so far we’ve seen unacceptable twists.

Certainly not writing off Tipp. They’d like nothing better than putting us out. But Thurles won’t phase us. And a competitive game and the selfconfidence generated coming back against 4 in a row Limerick is every bit as good as training just as long as we’ve no injuries from it 🙏

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack O' Rourke
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

5th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Chris McGrath

Arty's Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼