Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Imokilly would of beaten the rockies in the semi by 2 - 5 points last year if allowed the correct amount of time to recover. The board clearly dont want Imokilly dominating the championship and wanted a city final to sell more tickets.

What happened them the two years before that? That was the county board's fault as well? As for time to recover, 21 days not enough. I know you are "new" here but you don't have make every post an idiotic one.

Look at the likes of the Glen wanted imokilly out of the championship even though they been transferring the best players around cork for years
So the idiocy continues, like who?

Think he fell out with a certain someone.
Very likely but there are more than one making the decision and regarding Cork teams there are 5 selectors with county teams, they sometimes don't all stand up and be counted.

I don't believe it has to do with the club they're from although I believe Gymbird makes a valid point regarding the county board towards Imokilly. 'Barrs had plenty selectors down through the years but I often wondered how John Cremin and Frank Ramsey never played inter-county championship, they were both class hurlers. A selector may have a poor attitude regarding selecting a particular player but as I state there are enough selectors to over rule. Poor selections has been going on in Cork for years and it's mainly down to the County Board picking poor selectors who lack attention to detail and offer weak judgement of players capabilities, club representatives who are loyal to county board decision making usually became selectors back the years, then there's always a few making up the numbers. I'm familiar with 2 former Cork players who refused the position of selector but eventually accepted and acknowledged they weren't familiar with players countywide of the age group of which they were over as selectors. Also supporters sometimes forget some players don't wish to commit to the rigours of inter-county hurling.

Imokilly would of beaten the rockies in the semi by 2 - 5 points last year if allowed the correct amount of time to recover. The board clearly dont want Imokilly dominating the championship and wanted a city final to sell more tickets.

You've written that on a couple of occasions now and it has me wonder which particular hedge school did you attend?

lads, one thing has me worrying - what duck will we break first - AI for Cork or PL for United? The way things are going, we'll probably see an AI football win before the other 2 ):

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cast
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼