Cork Hurlers - Part 2

By next season and certainly the season after that there will be far less uncertainty about what team will be picked for a game as the management settle on the core of the team they want to start. I do believe that with the strength of the panel we seem to be developing that we will not be talking about a first fifteen but rather a first twenty.

I think we will see mostly the same team as last day. Sean O Donoghue to start if fit enough and Millerick if not.

I think it will be something like
Collins
O Leary Cahalane O Donoghue(Millerick)
O Connell Joyce Downey R
Roche O Mahony
Dalton Fitzgibbon Lehane
Barrett Horgan Meade
If that foward line starts we will be blown away. All very good hurlers but not enough dogs of war

i like Power as well but i don't think he will start as he has not made an appearance yet and starting him on a possible knock out game is a big risk. i like Eoin D but think he should have been left play with the 20s. Kingston and Conor L are subs for me, especially Kingston. if we can match Clare in the middle we will have a great chance,
Why is it a big risk if he was showing the same form in training that he did in the league? Sean Twomey is another fella who has something to offer on Sunday. Pick your team on form not on reputation

Why is it a big risk if he was showing the same form in training that he did in the league? Sean Twomey is another fella who has something to offer on Sunday. Pick your team on form not on reputation
Agreed. Not playing players on Form, just reputation will discourage players no matter how well they play in training.

Ah, brings me back to the pre-Motorway days when we'd travel to Thurles with a couple of old hands via places like Ballyhooly, Glanworth, Kildorrery, and Dundrum and end up on a narrow back road a few hundred yards from the stadium pointed for home. Happy days.
Sound_y heading to Thurles 😂
tourists-on-a-horse-trap-ride-horse-carriage-muckross-house-killarney-G6349N.jpg

1.Collins (The net hopefully but you never know with him)
2. O'Donoghue (O'Donnell)
3. Cahalane (Duggan)
4. O'Leary (Rodgers)
5. Millerick (Kelly)
6. Joyce
7. R.Downey (Fitzgerald)
8. Roche
9. O'Connell (McCarthy)
10. Dalton
11. Fitzgerald
12. O'Mahoney (Midfield)
13. Harnedy (Wing Forward)
14. Power
15. Hoggie

16. Connolly 17. O'Brien 18. E.Downey 19. E.Twomey 20. Meade 21. Lehane 22. Hayes 23.Kingston 24. S.Twomey 25. Barrett 26. Cadogan

No time for the team announcement yet. Is it not till tommorow?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

26th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼