Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Limerick will be beaten 1st round against Davy's crew and the wheels will come off wagon. They will not get out of Munster. You heard it here first.
It would be a glorious thing, bar the Davy bit :lol!:

To be fair to Limerick and all top teams in any sport. Every time you take to the pitch the opposition are gunning for you so they get that extra nudge in performance and effort. To withstand that every week takes serious discipline and ability. They will slip at some stage, not sure when though!

No bring a friend option with the season ticket is a balls lads. I wanna bring the old doll to the Waterford game but I've to buy two extra tickets elsewhere to sit together. Had the same issue last year.. Anyone interested in buying the season ticket allocated one off me? North stand section 405, great seat, will give it for €20
Can you advise row and seat?

I think GAA needs to keep the solution simple - Divisions of 6 teams with 2 up / 2 down. Final for top 2 teams and promote it like the football gets – hurling league final weekend. Division 2 would include 3 strong teams plus 3 teams with ambitions of bridging the gap like Offaly, Kildare, Antrim, Westhmeath etc. Also ambitious Counties like Carlow, Kerry, Down etc would see making Div. 2 as a huge incentive. This format would save a week and if the GAA remove one of the break weeks, then the league and championship would be decoupled by another 2 weeks. Also think GAA should drop A&B naming’s to keep things simple.
this is exactly what should happen
by far the best format to promote hurling
The problem is getting support for it in county boards

1 managers dont want 1A because you cant flute around with team selections and throw games
2 county board treasurers are terrified of being in I B for example in Clares case with say . Imagine the coffers at the end of the league of you got westmeath and Offaly at home. Then next year if we went up with Wexford imagine a relegated Cork trying to fill PUIC with 2 or 3 from Dublin Waterford Westmeath Carlow and Laois..

Its the right system but getting it through is the issue

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼