Cork Hurlers - Part 2

one big positive was the lack of goal chances for limerick. they are going to score loads of points from out the field but never looked like scoring a goal, Joyce was crucial to this. he played 10-20 yards in front of the full back line stopping easy ball landing in front of limerick full forwards. This also plugged a whole in our defense and stopped limerick runners have clear grass in front of them.

we also cut way down on lost turn overs, these have killed us over the past few years. i would guess we cut this down from 10-12 to 4-6, this is huge, as previously it sucked the life out of a player when turned over, this is mainly down to one or 2 short passes and moving it faster rather than our 7-10 hand passes to cross the halfway line. we still lose most rucks but hopefully there wont be as many if the game is stretched and its man on man rather than the tackler getting the ball to ground for the second or 3rd man in to clean in out. Pat R was saying after Tipp game they have no tactics done, if this is correct its very encouraging to see an already tactical changing making improvements.

Fitzgibbon, Meade and Conor Lehane could never work as 8,9 and 11 in the old style, i still dont think they could work under new tactics but we will wait and see. I was great to see us match Limerick in midfield. I dont think it was due to physicality but due to hard work and filling midfield. I was intersting to see limerick on puck outs, 3 men sprinted to where the ball was going to land, they totally out numbered us on puck outs in the first half. we matched them for numbers in the second and got huge amount of ball because of this, any cork ruck win or block or hook had the crowd on their feet.

cork were 9/1 last week. beat galway this week and it will be 6/1, get on it.

Think it was clear to be seen Limerick's fitness was a few gears off where it should be. They blew their load after the first half.

I still stand by the idea that Hoggie and Dalton cannot play on the same team, and especially in the same line of attack. Other than Robbie, Connolly would be the first name I'd have in the forwards and I'd give him the frees too while we're at it.

Think it was clear to be seen Limerick's fitness was a few gears off where it should be. They blew their load after the first half.

I still stand by the idea that Hoggie and Dalton cannot play on the same team, and especially in the same line of attack. Other than Robbie, Connolly would be the first name I'd have in the forwards and I'd give him the frees too while we're at it.
I would put Dalton center forward against Galway and Hoggie inside if he needs to be played. Tbh, Connolly is going to be managed and no one knows how he react or recover.

I would put Dalton center forward against Galway and Hoggie inside if he needs to be played. Tbh, Connolly is going to be managed and no one knows how he react or recover.
Yeah that could work and would be worth a try. Oh absolutely I'm more so talking down the line when all fit and ready that Connolly, along with Robbie should be the guy to build the attack around.

Stop getting outraged over nothing you Psychopath. Enjoy life, enjoy the hurling.
Wut? I wasn't outraged, you are troll that constantly has a go off Cork players be it on the field or off it. I asked a question based on your post and you can't answer it, fair enough. I do enjoy the hurling and I actually attend matches unlike yourself who just prefers to be a keyboard warrior cowardly attacking them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼