Cork Hurlers - Part 2

So defence likely to include the following next season;

SOD, Daire O Leary or Cahalane, Niall O Leary
Downey. Joyce, Keane

Twomey an option in half backline?

I don't think Ethan Twomey is a recovery type player, a marker or a chaser. He's far better playing from the front and better suited to mid-field.

Pat Ryan and his selectors have to think outside the box more regarding the defence over the attack. We all know what Cahalane, O'Donoghue, and Downey can and cannot do but we need to see James O'Flynn, Liam Ryan, Fergal Lordan and Andrew McCarthy get a run in the South East League and hopefully then the National League. Also Sean O'Donoghue may be more influential playing further up-field rather than corner-back and it would put the onus on new defenders to develop during the Winter and early Spring.

Get well soon Mark Coleman!👍

Last edited:
I don't think Ethan Twomey is a recovery type player, a marker or a chaser. He's far better playing from the front and better suited to mid-field.

Pat Ryan and his selectors have to think outside the box more regarding the defence over the attack. We all know what Cahalane, O'Donoghue, and Downey can and cannot do but we need to see James O'Flynn, Liam Ryan, Fergal Lordan and Andrew McCarthy get a run in the South East League and hopefully then the National League. Also Sean O'Donoghue may be more influential playing further up-field rather than corner-back and it would put the onus on new defenders to develop during the Winter and early Spring.

Get well soon Mark Coleman!👍
The other Downey is the real deal. Will be 10 years with Cork seniors. Whether 2023 is a year too early will be seen in due course.

Bana

I believe Ciaran Joyce and Ger Millerick should be the 2 certainties in defence with Sean O'Donoghue only to fall back on for the position. I would like to see Sean and Niall O'Leary tried mid-field but not as a pair, also centre-forward is a possibility for O'Donoghue.

Bana I believe Ciaran Joyce and Ger Millerick should be the 2 certainties in defence with Sean O'Donoghue only to fall back on for the position. I would like to see Sean and Niall O'Leary tried mid-field but not as a pair, also centre-forward for O'Donoghue.
SOD at Centre Forward? Not a hope of it. We've way better options in the forwards, we need him in the backs somewhere

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼