Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Who else is on the panel ...Daire O Leary, Eoin Roche, Daire Connery, Cormac O Brien , Eoin Downey, Sam Quirke, Sean Twomey, Padraig Power,
Is Ethan Twomey on the panel ?
I would add Simon Kennefick, Deccie Dalton and Colin O Brien to that list...plenty more from the u20s/Minors coming along as well...
Is Niall Cashman still injured ?
Extended panel from what I heard
Cormac o Brien
Daire o leary
Ethan Twomey
Eoin Downey
Sean Twomey
Eoin Roche
Sam quirke
Daire Connery
Brian o Sullivan
Padraig Power.

Extended panel from what I heard
Cormac o Brien
Daire o leary
Ethan Twomey
Eoin Downey
Sean Twomey
Eoin Roche
Sam quirke
Daire Connery
Brian o Sullivan
Padraig Power.
While they're still young, everyone of those lads is a savage hurler. That's great depth. I wouldn't be afraid to give any of them a good run in the team.

Strong team announced.
Tim O starts, Hoggie on the bench.
Mark Keane back on the bench.
Trying to figure out who's lost their place to him.

1. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
  2. Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)
  3. Robert Downey (Glen Rovers)
  4. Sean O’Donoghue (Inniscarra)
  5. Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons)
  6. Ciarán Joyce (Castlemartyr)
  7. Mark Coleman (Blarney) Captain
  8. Darragh Fitzgibbon (Charleville)
  9. Luke Meade (Newcestown)
  10. Robert O’Flynn (Erins Own)
  11. Séamus Harnedy (St Ita’s)
  12. Shane Kingston (Douglas)
  13. Tim O’Mahony (Newtownshandrum)
  14. Alan Connolly (Blackrock)
  15. Conor Lehane (Midleton)
Right move to play the full strength team. Give these lads an early clipping and then bring in the lads who need game time at half time.

There will be minimal changes if any, there is no way any team would go up there expecting an easy victory, it may happen but the best way to ensure it does is finish the game early.

Barring injuries the only change I’d be making is Tim in for Hoggy or Kingston, he brings so much workrate and aggression I’d have Tim in there ahead of all 6 fowards but only one needs to step aside and in the scheme of things it’s a big call who loses out.

Obviously we don’t know what’s going on in training but I can’t see what Jack has done to warrant a start. He was completely out of his depth v Clare and the subsequent cameo roles he played doesn’t merit a starting place. Ger Millerick the same and on top of that our 6 backs are starting to look like a unit at long last. But hopefully by half time we may be able to see 2 or 3 lads come on with a few more following them with 15/20 minutes to go. That will mean we are in a good place.

I am looking foward to the trip and seeing Antrim supporters at home, they are a passionate bunch and love their hurling but they have had very little real success over the years, 1989 will always be remembered though.

Exciting times right now for Cork hurling
JOC was struggling with lack of confidence in the Clare game,to me I can't see how he warranted a start in that game he was so shook confidence wise...you can equally look at that game and say every single cork player on that pitch were a disgrace,I know the scoreline was false and made it look closer in the end but still only to be beaten by 2 points and not one player hurled that day for us,the most pleasing part of the championship so far has been jack coming on against Tipp and "casually" hitting those 2 points, I say casually because he didn't even want to be holding a Hurley against Clare,if we can get him going he is a major cog in our wheel

JOC was struggling with lack of confidence in the Clare game,to me I can't see how he warranted a start in that game he was so shook confidence wise...you can equally look at that game and say every single cork player on that pitch were a disgrace,I know the scoreline was false and made it look closer in the end but still only to be beaten by 2 points and not one player hurled that day for us,the most pleasing part of the championship so far has been jack coming on against Tipp and "casually" hitting those 2 points, I say casually because he didn't even want to be holding a Hurley against Clare,if we can get him going he is a major cog in our wheel
Come here, that’s slightly overplaying Jacks contribution so far this year, the highlight of the year is a Jack scoring 2 points late in a game that was well over? the highlight of the year has been the shift in attitude and tactics between the Clare and Waterford games. Otherwise we were gone with a game to spare

Happy enough with that first 15. Couple of things about the bench - it's light on defensive cover, with only O'Leary-Hayes and Millerick as out-and-out defenders. O'Connell could play at Hb, and apparent Keane played there in the challenge match against Wexford, so those two might provide extra cover. That might be fine against Antrim but it would worry me a little going into a QF.

With Tim in from that start, there are very few forwards who could offer a ball-winning alternative off the bench, especially if Cork would struggle on their own puck-outs - just Keane again, really. The bench looks a bit top-heavy with forwards, or at least players who would be most comfortable playing up front, but who do not offer enough of an alternative to the first XV. Again, that wouldn't be ideal going into a QF imo.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼