• If you're referencing a news story in your post, it's better form to paste a link to the story rather than copying and pasting the whole story into your PROC post. It's fairer to the entity that produced the content that they get the click on their website. Nice one.

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

TheOutdoorThreadmill

Poster of Savage Greatness.
This coming from the fella who whinges about “the best goalie in Cork” and “the best center back in cork” over the last 5 years not getting a look in with the county
Where did I whinge or complain about them not getting a look in? In my opinion which is shared by many here, Hickey is the best keeper in the county and has been over the last 5 or 6 years, I never complained or moaned about him not getting picked and I have no idea who the best CB in Cork is but you probably just made that up as well because you are sore that it was pointed out that Hennesy has done nothing to stay or deserve to be on the Cork panel.
Don't bother posting on this thread if you can't be objective because of your club, it makes you look like a fool.

Thistlecrack

Twasnt too long ago someone here said Hennessy should have been given a shout of starting in the All Ireland against Limerick. Good grief. Fine player and a fine lad but never made an impression on the senior team. More power to him if he makes a go with the footballers.

James Sweeney looked like he never hurled in his life when I watched him against the Glen a while back. I was very disappointed after some glowing praise in here. Can't imagine the disaster that'd unfold under intercounty pressure and the defences he'd come up against. I haven't watched too much of him I'll admit but times are really beyond a new low if that's the sort of stuff we've to resort to. Big men who have a paw alone isn't the answer by any means.

Cork93

Twasnt too long ago someone here said Hennessy should have been given a shout of starting in the All Ireland against Limerick. Good grief. Fine player and a fine lad but never made an impression on the senior team. More power to him if he makes a go with the footballers.

James Sweeney looked like he never hurled in his life when I watched him against the Glen a while back. I was very disappointed after some glowing praise in here. Can't imagine the disaster that'd unfold under intercounty pressure and the defences he'd come up against. I haven't watched too much of him I'll admit but times are really beyond a new low if that's the sort of stuff we've to resort to. Big men who have a paw alone isn't the answer by any means.
Would agree re Sweeney - not an inter county hurler by a long shot, and will be 26 next year. A grand club hurler for Sars but not the solution for Cork going forward, would be surprised if he’s even near an extended Cork Senior panel next season.

red&blue

Just playing you at your own game kid The center back you said was the best was Brian Moylan, but sure you always knew that You’re telling me not to post here because I have an opinion is a little rich don’t you think 😀

TheOutdoorThreadmill

Poster of Savage Greatness.
Just playing you at your own game kid The center back you said was the best was Brian Moylan, but sure you always knew that You’re telling me not to post here because I have an opinion is a little rich don’t you think 😀
How are you playing me at my own game? You are the one whinging that a player who has been on the panel for nearly 5 years and has been dropped (if that has even happened) Five years and he still couldn't make it.
No problem with having an opinion but when you can't be objective because of your club then it is worthless. I am sure will be able to put up some posts with me whinging and moaning about those players not being picked, ffs Moylan is probably 33/34. Take your time, I doubt you will.

I thought the lad Guilfoyle(?) for Erins Own looked promising. Similar stature to Sweeney but a little more aggressive and strongly built.

Cork93

I thought the lad Guilfoyle(?) for Erins Own looked promising. Similar stature to Sweeney but a little more aggressive and strongly built.
Sam Guilfoyle is the fella you’re thinking of! Big strong lad but absolutely zero hurling, only just about gets his game for Erin’s Own, and I’d say there are a few in Glounthaune who wonder how he’s even playing senior club hurling.
Does a job for them, strong aggressive player, but has nowhere near enough hurling for Senior Inter county level. He’s 25/26 also so not like he’s a young lad you could work on for the future.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicola Virdis and Guests.
City Limits, Coburg St.

16th Dec 2021 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Menagerie: Animals By Artists

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

View more events ▼