Cork GAA Club Coverage

Cork GAA recently announced that it has discontinued the practice of allowing clubs to live stream their own games because of the potential impact on crowds and gate receipts for the 2021 County Championships. https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40372625.html
That leaves us with the Irish Examiner streaming games unless something changes in the coming weeks. The first of which was between St Finbarr’s and Ballincollig last Saturday. Full stream found here:
http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc9u3X1WnEE

This weekend they are showing on Friday night a game from Pairc Ui Rinn featuring reigning county champions Blackrock against Erin’s Own, while on Saturday night in Pairc Ui Chaoimh they are showing Douglas and Glen Rovers.

To be fair to them it is a high standard of coverage and it is great that we will be getting some games streamed at a minimum.

So 2 games out of how many...? Poor enough tbf. Whatever about Friday night, there's at least an early match they could put on the Saturday. Midleton/Carrig, Barrs/Charleville, Castlelyons/WGH, Sars/Na Piarsaigh even at a stretch.

So 2 games out of how many...? Poor enough tbf. Whatever about Friday night, there's at least an early match they could put on the Saturday. Midleton/Carrig, Barrs/Charleville, Castlelyons/WGH, Sars/Na Piarsaigh even at a stretch.

Are they charging for them this year? They said last year they would

If not though it's hard to expect more for free. We're spoiled in Cork. No charge for games last year

Kilkenny for example at weekend was €6 for one game, €10 for two games or €14 for three

Single game in limerick was €10

Are they charging for them this year? They said last year they would

If not though it's hard to expect more for free. We're spoiled in Cork. No charge for games last year

Kilkenny for example at weekend was €6 for one game, €10 for two games or €14 for three

Single game in limerick was €10

No it’s free and the coverage is good infairness

It's good coverage but far too few games are covered to justify a blanket ban of other games making their own arrangements

I agree, they should be covering at least 4 games every weekend, it’s still not enough though and the board are missing a trick with clubs covering their own games. The board could offer a season or weekend pass for streamed games with the clubs getting a cut. Everyone wins then

There probably is a compromise to be found somewhere - but I can see where the CCB are coming from - if it was just the money - there must be a formula that could be used to share money from the gate & funds from streaming.
But attendances are key as well to providing an atmosphere at a game

I agree, they should be covering at least 4 games every weekend, it’s still not enough though and the board are missing a trick with clubs covering their own games. The board could offer a season or weekend pass for streamed games with the clubs getting a cut. Everyone wins then

Agreed. As long as the coverage quality is good I think most club members wouldn't mind paying a few bob to see a live stream of their club.

Are the CCB afraid that fans will get too used to watching their club play on telly and not be bothered to go through the turnstiles on a wet or cold day and club attendances fall off. That's the only reason I can think of for not offering a season pass tbh

Do any of you see anything wrong with charging people into see club games ?

Is it for charity or what ?

I know you've a major downer on the GAA but if you ever took the time to look you'd see the length and breadth of this country where local GAA clubs have great facilities the envy of other sporting organisations, even professional ones. Those pitches and facilities cost money to purchase, develop, and maintain. That's where the vast majority of the monies taken at the gates goes to.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼