Cork Footballers

Can’t say the traffic here is inspiring for the match tomorrow.
Absolute apathy typified by the cork gaa twitter page with one single tweet announcing the team 14 hours ago, no terrace tickets being sold so a crowd of 12-15,000 max for a game that will be devoid of atmosphere with a home team playing in a tactical straight jacket with a pre set subs list regardless of what way the game is developing, why would anyone bother

That's disappointing. You need a crowd behind the goals. Hard lines when a championship match in June v. Kerry gets the same crowd as a hurling league in January

The only way they'd get a decent crowd at this is if they replace the ball with a sliotar and give everyone sticks.

I'm just hoping for a non-humiliating result. Mild rather than deep self loathing would be welcome. More Cork goals than red cards. More Cork points than conceding stupid frees. More foot passing than sidewards hand lobbing.

A tough ask I know.

That's disappointing. You need a crowd behind the goals. Hard lines when a championship match in June v. Kerry gets the same crowd as a hurling league in January
Unfortunately the truth. Truth is Cork has performed terribly against Kerry since 2016 except for 2020 Covid November match..hard to be optimistic but I’m heading down anyway but nothing short of a Cork win will reset this “rivalry”

I don’t think this Kerry team is anything special but neither are Cork unfortunately, I think we will give them a game for 60 mins but expect Kerry to pull away and win by 4-5 points.

I don’t think this Kerry team is anything special but neither are Cork unfortunately, I think we will give them a game for 60 mins but expect Kerry to pull away and win by 4-5 points.
If Rory Maguire plays centre back we’ll probably be down 4-5 points within 6 minutes, never mind 60.

Have to laugh at fellas on here talking down Kerry, when they’re all ireland champions and have hockeyed Cork the last 2 years. Cork have 1 player who’d make the Kerry team, Kerry have subs who’d be amongst our best players. Time to get real lads, recognise where we are and stop deluding ourselves.

Fully expect a committed performance but we have so much improving to do before we can genuinely go toe to toe with any of the top teams.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Niamh Bury

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼