Cork Footballers

Hayes was big off the bench for the hurlers and has a very promising career but you know that don’t you? More trolling.
Afraid not my man, Hayes played more than 3 minutes in just 1 game and wasn’t impressive. Don’t base your assessment on a tap in goal from 2 yards that you could have scored yourself.

Talk to people who regularly watch Cork games and club games, they’ll tell you Hayes is a very very average hurler. He’ll do well if he gets 5 hurling championship starts in his career. On the other hand, he could have been a pivotal player for the footballers for a decade.

Alas, not to be, now we need to concentrate our efforts on getting players just as good, if not better back playing with Cork, ie the Whites, and forget about the hurlers.

Afraid not my man, Hayes played more than 3 minutes in just 1 game and wasn’t impressive. Don’t base your assessment on a tap in goal from 2 yards that you could have scored yourself.

Talk to people who regularly watch Cork games and club games, they’ll tell you Hayes is a very very average hurler. He’ll do well if he gets 5 hurling championship starts in his career. On the other hand, he could have been a pivotal player for the footballers for a decade.

Alas, not to be, now we need to concentrate our efforts on getting players just as good, if not better back playing with Cork, ie the Whites, and forget about the hurlers.
You must be absolutely Salivating at seeing Big Tom saturday. Enjoy the day.

Ignore Junior lads 15 mins into the Clare Hurling game he wanted Cahalane removed from fullback the same player was nearly Corks best player that day. Nobody is being forced to go to the game on Saturday.

Ignore Junior lads 15 mins into the Clare Hurling game he wanted Cahalane removed from fullback the same player was nearly Corks best player that day. Nobody is being forced to go to the game on Saturday.
He was having a difficult first half but stormed into it in the second half in fairness. I only hope the footballers show some bit of bite on Saturday and keep it somewhat competitive but I just can’t see a team at this level with as basic a kickout strategy as we have being able to manage that.
I am worried for Jams that another one of these days out will prove too much for him, Saturday games in the pairc Vs Kerry don’t usually work out too well

James O'Donoghue was good on the football pod.

He reckons the way to beat Kerry is to pick a strong number 11 to pin the Kerry half back line down and stop them marauding up the pitch.

They want to play someone in front of the full back line and this can negate that. He reckoned Cork wouldn't do that. That powter could do it but tends to drop back too often. He's often picked as an 11 but doesn't play there.

Interesting stuff I thought.

Dara o’se with an excellent article in the paper of record as well; something along the lines of Kerry need a test from cork and cork need a bit of pride about themselves etc despite this article seeming similar to others befor it this one was well thought out and original from a Wordsworth type scribe

Dara o’se with an excellent article in the paper of record as well; something along the lines of Kerry need a test from cork and cork need a bit of pride about themselves etc despite this article seeming similar to others befor it this one was well thought out and original from a Wordsworth type scribe
I read that as kind of a stealth yerah. Kerry need to get thier groove back after Mayo so Cork are again a sleeping Giant unlucky not to translate underage sucess to senior. The perfect Anvil for the Kerry Hammer.

If they had beaten Mayo it would have been a piece about how far cork have fallen that they didn't have the steely grit to keep louth at bay only falling over the line.

I really hope they put it up to them. Cork Generally raise their game against Kerry. I think they'll do well

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼