Cork Footballers

It would be nice if some of the solely hurling folk could row in behind the rebel footballers now that we are out of that but no doubt some will don the colours of Kerry and Mayo instead.
Sure only a few pages back on this thread, one of your own was throwing the hurling folk off here calling hurling a game of the black and tans etc

One might even say they'd be fitter than their footballing counterparts...
I disagree there anyway. A hurler would be well able physically, in a lot of cases (not all) would be agile enough but it's a proven fact that inter county football involves far higher levels of high intensity running. That's just the nature of the games really to be fair. Hurling involves far more "letting the ball do the work" than football, so it makes sense.

Are we going to be at the Football v Hurling craic on here now the Hurlers are gone?!

As someone mentioned earlier Dublin didn’t have a problem bringing in a hurler…B. Hayes was part of the panel last year..think he would be great, high fetches etc. ..wasn’t he captain of the U20 footballers who won Munster..I take the point though that unless there is a prospect of a permanent change then it is 50/50 whether it would be a good move or not..probably all academic anyway

I disagree there anyway. A hurler would be well able physically, in a lot of cases (not all) would be agile enough but it's a proven fact that inter county football involves far higher levels of high intensity running. That's just the nature of the games really to be fair. Hurling involves far more "letting the ball do the work" than football, so it makes sense.

Are we going to be at the Football v Hurling craic on here now the Hurlers are gone?!
Agreed, a different level of fitness is required for football compared to hurling. And I’d say nowadays the hurlers are bigger than the footballers due to the emphasis on ball winning in hurling whereas football is more movement based now.

As someone mentioned earlier Dublin didn’t have a problem bringing in a hurler…B. Hayes was part of the panel last year..think he would be great, high fetches etc. ..wasn’t he captain of the U20 footballers who won Munster..I take the point though that unless there is a prospect of a permanent change then it is 50/50 whether it would be a good move or not..probably all academic anyway
If we had a genuine chance of winning an all Ireland then it would be worth it. However in Corks current situation it would be taking game time/a squad place from a player that could do with the development time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼