Cork Footballers

Don’t get me wrong, there are other factors at play, Corks early season form, home advantage, etc. but there’s no doubt Clancy’s return hasn’t gone unnoticed by the bookmakers.

The irony is he might not even start at the weekend as he is only returning to match fitness following an extended break. That being said, he will be the main man in defence for us this year.
Are u concerned by the fact that clancy and Maurice Shanley will be competing for one place??. Could create a conflict for when they go back to Clon

Are u concerned by the fact that clancy and Maurice Shanley will be competing for one place??. Could create a conflict for when they go back to Clon
Maurice will play corner back, he has done so with aplomb plenty of times for Clon.

Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing Clancy playing centre back and moving Meehan to the wing. And like you said, there are other options for full back.
Meehan strikes me as more of a wing back, not sure he has the physicality (yet) for centre back.

C26

You are spot on! Shanley and Clancy should be competing for corner-back. Dan is the man for full-back, he is the future player for the position as I've stated on here long before now.

I didn’t see O Hanlon do much at all. McSweeney will likely get a vote of confidence for this weekend
Was ok only against limerick but the more games he gets and fitness back up to what can be will a massive bonus probably championship. Still happy for mcsweeney to start honest hard working, a bit of confidence maybe lacking at times. But could improve under new management.

Don’t get me wrong, there are other factors at play, Corks early season form, home advantage, etc. but there’s no doubt Clancy’s return hasn’t gone unnoticed by the bookmakers.

The irony is he might not even start at the weekend as he is only returning to match fitness following an extended break. That being said, he will be the main man in defence for us this year.
You are either a terrible troll or completely delusional. Either way you go a long way to making this thread annoying.

No trolling at play whatsoever, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that the return of Corks best defender to the team will go a long way to improving the team.

Also, not a stretch to say that the bookies will have noticed this. Like I said, it’s only one of a number of reasons why we are at seemingly shorter odds than usual against Meath. Home advantage and current form are arguably bigger reasons than TCs return to the team, I fully acknowledge that.

Anyway, speaking of odds, I see Dublin are 4/9 to win Div 2 outright. You’d have to fancy them, even in a competitive division. With Mannion and McCaffrey likely to be in full flow by the end of the league it’s hard to see anyone in this division stopping them.

No trolling at play whatsoever, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that the return of Corks best defender to the team will go a long way to improving the team.

Also, not a stretch to say that the bookies will have noticed this. Like I said, it’s only one of a number of reasons why we are at seemingly shorter odds than usual against Meath. Home advantage and current form are arguably bigger reasons than TCs return to the team, I fully acknowledge that.

Anyway, speaking of odds, I see Dublin are 4/9 to win Div 2 outright. You’d have to fancy them, even in a competitive division. With Mannion and McCaffrey likely to be in full flow by the end of the league it’s hard to see anyone in this division stopping them.
Mannion can barely walk and will have to play another Club Final. McCaffrey has been out for over 2 years. Don't buy the hype in Dublin . They are not replacing like for like in that backline and still reliant on Con up front.

Corks best defender by a mile is Sean Meehan,who else in the country has kept D Clifford scoreless in a game.
Meehan is a fine player, but not necessarily our best defender in terms of defensive skills. Clancy, Shanley, DOM all better defenders.

Too much is being made of him keeping Clifford scoreless, one game doesn’t make him a great defender. Flahive kept him to a point last year, don’t read too much into it. Meehan was roasted by Shane Walsh last year, that doesn’t make him a bad defender anymore than keeping Clifford scoreless makes him a great one.

People read too much into one game and hold onto that belief for years. Usually it’s the same people who watch 1/2 games per year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Eamonn McCormak Band

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼