Cork Footballers

All decent players but none should be brought back as we are developing a team and if people actually look at the squad there is a good smattering of experience. The next cork all Ireland challenging team will be built on the back of the 2019 minor and u20 winners and this crop of players are where we should focus alongside other experienced players like powter, flahive,o’rourke and fellas like cooper and Maguire.
The reason the bench was light this year was the disastrous injury situation and if anything the 2022 squad will have to be cut to a more manageable 32-34 players, younger players should be given priority. Fellas were dropped or stepped away for reasons bigger then one season and we need to go on with this now rather then looking backwards

All decent players but none should be brought back as we are developing a team and if people actually look at the squad there is a good smattering of experience. The next cork all Ireland challenging team will be built on the back of the 2019 minor and u20 winners and this crop of players are where we should focus alongside other experienced players like powter, flahive,o’rourke and fellas like cooper and Maguire.
The reason the bench was light this year was the disastrous injury situation and if anything the 2022 squad will have to be cut to a more manageable 32-34 players, younger players should be given priority. Fellas were dropped or stepped away for reasons bigger then one season and we need to go on with this now rather then looking backwards
Id have Brian O Driscoll he only 28 the rest I wouldnt bring back.

Ricken wanted Collins to give it 1 more year but he turned him down ,Connolly is an exceptional player but even the Nemo lads will tell you they dont know what Connolly would turn up, IF on the panel i would start him as you will know after 15 minutes whether he is on fire or not.I am a big fan of Deane he would go through a concrete wall for you if needed and i dont trust O Driscoll. White back on the squad as well.
Nono, you know what Connolly will turn up, you just don't know if he will turn up 🙃

He has had a good championship so far and his departure from the squad was due to a rift between him and Ricken so you could make the argument he's worth another go. But Cork aren't good enough to carry a mercurial full forward, it needs to be clear that his efforts against Castlehaven is the standard expected of him if he wants to remain.

Unlike the 2020 final against Castlehaven where he did nothing all game except score 2 goals

Honestly I think he a ready made centre back with Liam O Donovan and Powter in the 2 wings.
We back to this old chestnut again. He was tried a number of years back and the way he carried on especially above in Longford that day was down right disrespectful and immature.

Ya Ive seen him play 5 or 6 times in the last few years and most games he doesnt do alot on the ball, tends to try wild shots from 45 yards plus at times with would frustrate you at times. Wasnt outstanding at all in a Carbery midfield that were poor against Duhallow despite winning the game.

I think at 28 his time with Cork has passed and we should be focusing on the younger talent and developing thrm instead of talking about O Driscoll, Connolly, Collins

Mark Collins is 32 , lads would ye stop FFS. There is a minor and u20 All ireland team there that this panel will be made up of.
Agree with you regarding Mark Collins, he is now 32 and for me he was always a one paced player at senior inter-county level anyway. However there is no way a player at 28-30 is past it and Cork simply cannot rely only on the AI winning Minor and U-21 teams from 2019 to compliment Kevin O'Donovan, Sean Powter, Ian Maguire etc. That was 3 years back and only 2 players have come through from them successes namely Sean Meehan and Cathal O'Mahony and they've had serious injuries. Players such as Conor Corbett, Jack Lawton, Michael O'Neill and Danny Linehan etc. have all been hampered severly by injuries and some of them may never make it. Any older players showing good form at club level should be seriously considered by John Cleary and his selectors.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Muireann Bradley
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

3rd Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼