Cork Footballers

I don't for one second but the idea that Cork are necessarily further away from an all ireland in football than they are in hurling. There's a team for the ages at the top of hurling at the moment and another few very good ones. The overall standard of football teams is at it's lowest ebb for 20 years. We've a few unbelievable players around the country like Clifford, Walsh, McCarthy, Kilkenny, but no great teams. Kerry 04-09, Tyrone 03-08 and Dublin 2015-20 would win at a canter in this era.

The truth is we're a good way off in both codes but a lot more flaky teams in the football who could let any well-organised team from the top two divisions into an all ireland final in any given year.

Any hope of a Connolly return to panel
He departed due to a clash with Ricken during the McGrath cup, with Ricken gone there is a possibility.

To be fair to Ricken, Cork don't have the luxury of carrying him when he isn't engaged, even as a nemo man I don't think his performance in the last 12 months warranted inclusion.

His performance against Castlehaven showed a marked improvement in attitude, if he carries that forward into Nemos next 2+ games then a return could be on the cards.

Luke mixed the crazy with the sublime again not too sure he will be recalled ...no place for the "hollywood " kick passing i am afraid one the last day led to the Cahalane s goal.

Luke mixed the crazy with the sublime again not too sure he will be recalled ...no place for the "hollywood " kick passing i am afraid one the last day led to the Cahalane s goal.
Isn't that where management and coaching comes in

If there's no place for Luke Connolly then there should be no place for Rory Maguire. Maguire's hospital cross-field pass was the one that Connolly intercepted to score a brilliant clinching goal to win the game. Personally I would have both of them on the Cork team, form is temporary class is permanent and this certainly applies to Connolly. Jack Cahalane's goal was also excellent and it was created more so by a very good incisive through ball from his brother Conor.

Boom Boom Boy

Liam O'Connell doesn't lack much physically, I'd prefer to see him first play with next years Cork U-20's.

If there's no place for Luke Connolly then there should be no place for Rory Maguire. Maguire's hospital cross-field pass was the one that Connolly intercepted to score a brilliant clinching goal to win the game. Personally I would have both of them on the Cork team, form is temporary class is permanent and this certainly applies to Connolly. Jack Cahalane's goal was also excellent and it was created more so by a very good incisive through ball from his brother Conor.

Boom Boom Boy

Liam O'Connell doesn't lack much physically, I'd prefer to see him first play with next years Cork U-20's.
He can play away them but I'd get him going on the Senior S&C programme, we have wasted enough time with players like him already in previous years, we need to learn and get at it asap with his ilk

Boom Boom Boy

Brian Cuthbert ear marked him on the live stream at the weekend. Looks a real prospect and very physical, him and Wilson had a great battle. Murphy also impressing again for collig. Great to see Powter back from the states in one piece too!

No cork minor footballer on the electric Ireland team of the year, only provincial winner not included and all provincial finalists have at least one player….interesting
Hugh O’Connor missed out last year as well after being top scorer in the competition. Think only the goalie got on last year. Cork have clearly worked wonders to win back to back Munster finals against the Princes of Pigskin with a load of Go Games players outfield.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼