Cork Footballers

Hope Powter can do well in Chicago! He is the star player on successive moderate Cork football teams. We’ll always be underperforming as long as the county is fractured! Why are players like Michael Hurley and Ruari Deane not picked, or choose not to play? I hear that various clubs in West Cork are totally disappointed with the county setup, and that is reflected in the footballers performance

Hope Powter can do well in Chicago! He is the star player on successive moderate Cork football teams. We’ll always be underperforming as long as the county is fractured! Why are players like Michael Hurley and Ruari Deane not picked, or choose not to play? I hear that various clubs in West Cork are totally disappointed with the county setup, and that is reflected in the footballers performance
Without going to deep into it, there is a serious divide between the West Cork and city based players (Douglas mainly) contending for places. The powers that be have deemed the city players to be of higher importance which is laughable really when you look at the players who opted out from WC.

Without going to deep into it, there is a serious divide between the West Cork and city based players (Douglas mainly) contending for places. The powers that be have deemed the city players to be of higher importance which is laughable really when you look at the players who opted out from WC.
Good man Travis :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have a West cork manager, captain and a West cork player in every line of the field aside from midfield so we're doing okay.

I thought the championships in the states were run off fairly quick and would be finished by end of July. Could be wrong though.
Depends on the "county." USGAA Nationals are done by the 3rd Sunday in August this year. Divisional Championships, i.e. Chicago, San Fran, etc. might last up until the week before that. New York has a lot more variability. Not sure when the Senior finals are. Seem to remember them being in August as well recently, but late September previously. Don't know about Canada. Their hurling teams play in the USGAA finals these days though, so hurling at least has to be done by the second weekend in August.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Andy Dunne

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼