Cork Footballers

What team are fellas expecting sat night?
2 changes from last day

Dineen / Hayes
OMahony / Meehan

Maybe OHanlon too but I’m not sure who they will drop.

Based on our lack of ability to win a Limerick kick out, it wouldn’t surprise me if we conceded the Dublin kick out in order to get numbers back behind the ball

In wat way?
You should really be only on the
2 changes from last day

Dineen / Hayes
OMahony / Meehan

Maybe OHanlon too but I’m not sure who they will drop.

Based on our lack of ability to win a Limerick kick out, it wouldn’t surprise me if we conceded the Dublin kick out in order to get numbers back behind the ball
Ya could well do.I know fellas on here think Shanley can do a job on Con O Callaghan but Id worry if they do match up that way.

You should really be only on the

Ya could well do.I know fellas on here think Shanley can do a job on Con O Callaghan but Id worry if they do match up that way.
Realistically there’s very few (if any) backs in the country who’ll hold OCallaghan in a game where Dublin are dominant in possession. Shanley has pace and strength, so probably our best option, but he hasn’t a prayer unless he gets some kind of support.

I thought Flahive did very well on Clifford with similar support to what presumably Shanley will have. Going to be a tough to go up against one of the clear top two forwards in the country with our 3rd choice (?) man marker.

I know it’s ifs and buts and fellas are on about players playing hurling but imagine if we could get even half the injured lads back for a full run of a year we would have a very good panel.

I thought Flahive did very well on Clifford with similar support to what presumably Shanley will have. Going to be a tough to go up against one of the clear top two forwards in the country with our 3rd choice (?) man marker.

I know it’s ifs and buts and fellas are on about players playing hurling but imagine if we could get even half the injured lads back for a full run of a year we would have a very good panel.
There are guys in cork much better suited to days like this than a lot of guys on the panel. Will be a tough day at the office for whoever is deployed on con especially if runners break the line and Dublin play their kicking game. But looking at a need for man markers and out and out defenders Flav and shanley are up there with the best on offer however there are far better options in cork than players like paudie Allen, briain Murphy, Paul ring and a few others who may train with the panel but are unlikely to make a dent on match day squads and starting teams.

Realistically Dublin will want to put this game to bed early and will chase goals early. Look at game vs Kildare as example. Keeping it tight for first quarter is vital if we have any chance.

I’d be seriously nervous of our kickouts and the full press Dublin will put on us forcing us long. I think we won 50% of our long kick outs vs Limerick? Dublin will target us here I think. I said earlier I’d expect Hayes to start for the size he brings, Paul Walsh and O Hanlon also options too.
The current half forward line are all a bit too similar so wouldn’t be surprised if we saw two changes here. The Dubs half back line from the Leinster Final was McCarthy Howard Small. I think we need size here

Shanley on Con
Maguire on Kilkenny
Martin
KOD MS SP
SM
MT RM JC
IM COC
PW JOR BH
SS BH

Toss up between JOR and McSweeney but feel McSweeney can take the ball down blind alleys at times

I Don’t expect PW to start based on the red card the last day so perhaps KOH comes in

Having been to the last few games I don’t think the full forward line of O Mahony / Sherlock / Hurley works well as a unit and someone has to give..3 into 2 spots the way I’m looking at it

Meehan for me is a difficult one as he’s such an important player to us but has had a bad injury. I think he will want to play if he’s any way fit so wouldn’t be surprised to see him come into the side

There are guys in cork much better suited to days like this than a lot of guys on the panel. Will be a tough day at the office for whoever is deployed on con especially if runners break the line and Dublin play their kicking game. But looking at a need for man markers and out and out defenders Flav and shanley are up there with the best on offer however there are far better options in cork than players like paudie Allen, briain Murphy, Paul ring and a few others who may train with the panel but are unlikely to make a dent on match day squads and starting teams.
Who are these chaps and are they from clon?

man on man marking con o c is a loosing battle but a two man marking could keep him quiet .. the dual combo of powter and shanely has worked very effectively to date with a high ball turnover rate and the two man tackle should be used more often in other parts of the defense . a bit of a waste to have a defensive line around the half back if only one player is going in for the tackle..with two commiting to the tackle a much greater chance of a ball turnover.

Who are these chaps and are they from clon?
Liam O Donovan the standout from clon who inevitably will play next year. Off the bat now, having watched a lot of club games through the great work of the examiner for me two of the best defenders in the club championship were Sam Ryan - Barrs and Sean Wilson - Douglas. Neither of whom are involved and add David Lowney to that list you are missing top talent

Liam O Donovan the standout from clon who inevitably will play next year. Off the bat now, having watched a lot of club games through the great work of the examiner for me two of the best defenders in the club championship were Sam Ryan - Barrs and Sean Wilson - Douglas. Neither of whom are involved and add David Lowney to that list you are missing top talent
2 of those 3 afaik were asked in after the club c'ship concluded but declined

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼