Cork Footballers

Do Div 2 teams get home game if drawn against a div.1 team.
No, first name out has home draw.
I don’t know what our chances will be tbh, no team left is anywhere near as good as Kerry and I include Tyrone who have been a rabble this year. We showed against Kerry we can set up a team and that morale in the group is good and that’s a decent start.
There are a few teams there like Clare and Louth where we have at least a 50:50 chance and there are a couple more like Armagh for example who you wouldn’t know how they would play.
What we need to see is a consolidation of the first 50 minutes vs Kerry with a greater emphasis on getting forward, presume Kelly will be in goal and kickouts have been worked on hard for the last few weeks.
Qualifiers have been a mixed bag, debacles vs Kildare and Tyrone in the last decade alongside real battles with mayo mixed in.
Since the end of the league they have had 10 weeks with the Kerry game included to improve and we should expect that again the next day and we’ll see if it’s good enough

No, first name out has home draw.
I don’t know what our chances will be tbh, no team left is anywhere near as good as Kerry and I include Tyrone who have been a rabble this year. We showed against Kerry we can set up a team and that morale in the group is good and that’s a decent start.
There are a few teams there like Clare and Louth where we have at least a 50:50 chance and there are a couple more like Armagh for example who you wouldn’t know how they would play.
What we need to see is a consolidation of the first 50 minutes vs Kerry with a greater emphasis on getting forward, presume Kelly will be in goal and kickouts have been worked on hard for the last few weeks.
Qualifiers have been a mixed bag, debacles vs Kildare and Tyrone in the last decade alongside real battles with mayo mixed in.
Since the end of the league they have had 10 weeks with the Kerry game included to improve and we should expect that again the next day and we’ll see if it’s good enough
🤔
Can Cork beat eggs though?😉

There's a steep drop off after the top few Division 2 teams, and we're the wrong side of that. But championship is all about momentum too, and sides like Tyrone, Armagh and Mayo have got a bit of a kick in the balls and it could go either way for them.

Clare get great praise, but they've been fairly pitiful in championship, especially the Munster championship.

Hopefully we will avoid an away trip to Monaghan or Armagh.
We need to avoid all the Northern Teams away.Tyrone wud destroy us they are not going to let go of there all Ireland that quickly.Armagh and Monaghan would also be very hard to beat either away or at home.I would take Mayo over any of the Northern teams they only ever play to the level of the team they play.Louth and Clare would be our best draw then Meath.

Hurley needs to be used as an impact sub not start any more we need a lively mobile full forward to move the full back and then space to O'Mahony and Sherlock abd maybe Powter coming through the Middle to score Goals because we will not get the 20 plus points to beat these teams ww will need at least 2 goals if we hope to get to say a quater final.

Now Brian Hartnett has done his hamstring again gone for season according to the Echo ....Hartnett, Falhive {huge losses to Douglas} and Meehan all gone.
There s has got to be a serious look at what his causing Cork Footballers to be getting these serious injurys ,,,there has to be a reason...v disappointing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny O Leary

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼