Cork Footballers

Was at the match and watched McSweeney …to me he looked slow and laboured..broke no tackles and was opting out of attacks..a bit slow and therefore when he had a second to kick a score didn’t take it….maybe I’m too harsh…bright spots today Sherlock and O’Mahony..almost the entire team is going to have to be quicker and stronger to even stay in the match against Kerry..having said they should be able to beat Offaly …
I think staying in the match against Kerry this year will be asking a bit much. They are miles ahead in conditioning never mind the basic skills and if they start going for goals could get very ugly.

The most important game for cork football this year is next week in tullamore, that’s the reality, I can’t even consider Kerry and I’m sure no one on the squad is either, we won’t beat Kerry and I hope and am sure the team on that day will be set up for damage limitation. To develop and for any hope of improving we need to win next week and stay in division 2 and get ourselves properly set up for next year

The most important game for cork football this year is next week in tullamore, that’s the reality, I can’t even consider Kerry and I’m sure no one on the squad is either, we won’t beat Kerry and I hope and am sure the team on that day will be set up for damage limitation. To develop and for any hope of improving we need to win next week and stay in division 2 and get ourselves properly set up for next year
Fair post. We need to avoid the drop, have D2 football for next year to develop the players further and try avoid a total hammering by Kerry in the summer. Try win a game or two after that in the qualifiers.

To do all that we need to beat Offaly. Won’t be an easy task up there.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼