Cork Footballers

What did i learn from the week end
1. the Barrs must be some team as they managed somehow to beat Clon not once but twice.
If i was to pick an alternative team to that selected for last saturday and all were fit it would be
Casey
Ryan Shanley O Mahony
L O Donovan Hennessy S Meehan
McGuire O Hanlon
Dineen Corbett Hayes
J Cahalane Sherlock and O Mahony

There is some being overly pessimistic, some are way too optimistic here in my own view. I must say, some of the players that get mentioned or some of the possible teams that get thrown out here to be quite honest are batshit. Matty Taylor at 6 or Powter, Kevin Crowley corner back etc. If their own clubs don't play them there, why the hell would you think of putting them there at a higher level?
The best thing to say is just to recognise Ricken and co have a tough job on their hands as there's a big gulf in conditioning, skills and experience to the top teams right now. So ignore yesterdays result to a degree and just let the management get the panel sorted, address some of the issues, sort a system of play that suits, figure things out a bit.

Could go on and on, but most sensible people will realise there's a big job to be done and just let the management at it now.

Excellent post - last line is spot on.
S&C is crucial - Kerry looked a different species to us in Munster final last year.
Days of Weeshie (RIP) bemoaning big, strong Cork players dominating poor Kerry lads are well behind us.
Even if top class s&c programme is put in place now, it will be a couple of years before we see full benefits of it and go out and match likes of Kerry, Dublin in that area.

Can't see him being kept on it after his display last Saturday. He is a maverick but won't do the simple things right and this kicking off the outside of the foot is joke stuff
Connolly is a show pony, not a team player.

Forget about him if the ambition is to get to the top table. How long would be last in an elite set up (Dublin, Tyrone, Kerry)? Surprised he’s even on the panel to be honest. We could live with the occasional showboating if he was actually producing an end product, but that’s almost completely absent also.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼