Cork Footballers

A few years ago i attended a minor match between cork and kerry,all the talk before the game was about D Clifford and M Keane and if im not mistaken clifford got 2-8 that night and Keane got a goal and a few points. While Clifford is the 2nd best forward around today Keane had and still has the ability to be one of the best midfielders around imho.
Who is the No 1 in your opinion?

A few years ago i attended a minor match between cork and kerry,all the talk before the game was about D Clifford and M Keane and if im not mistaken clifford got 2-8 that night and Keane got a goal and a few points. While Clifford is the 2nd best forward around today Keane had and still has the ability to be one of the best midfielders around imho.
I was at that game, you’re right in that Clifford got 2-8, but Keane got a point and while he wasn’t bad, he certainly did look like a guy who would go onto great things.

When you’re talking about the best midfielders around you’re talking about someone like Brian Fenton. Keane isn’t even remotely in that ball park and won’t ever be. He’d do very well to get to Ian Maguires level, never mind the likes of Fenton or Clifford.

Mark Keane is a young man that at 18 yrs of age had the balls to try Aussie Rules stayed there 3 years played 5 AFL matches most players take yrs to make there debuts out there..
He has now come back to help his Club a small club to do great things maybe an All-Ireland in Croke Park..
He is in my opinion a great prospect for Cork Hurling and football i think hes better at football from what we saw him play at underage ....how can we compare him with the Cliffords and Fentons of this world when hes only starting out in his intercounty career lets give him a chance see where it takes him hes only 21
I for one think hes a huge plus for Cork GAA ...

Mark Keane is a young man that at 18 yrs of age had the balls to try Aussie Rules stayed there 3 years played 5 AFL matches most players take yrs to make there debuts out there..
He has now come back to help his Club a small club to do great things maybe an All-Ireland in Croke Park..
He is in my opinion a great prospect for Cork Hurling and football i think hes better at football from what we saw him play at underage ....how can we compare him with the Cliffords and Fentons of this world when hes only starting out in his intercounty career lets give him a chance see where it takes him hes only 21
I agree…you can’t compare him to the likes of Fenton and Clifford, he hasn’t done anything to warrant it. That was my point, while Keane was a very good underage player (like any guy who the AFL recruit), he was never a generational talent like Clifford. Comparisons and talk about “deals” is laughable.

Fenton is in the best 2/3 midfielders of all time, it would be fantastic if Keane can get near that level, I don’t see it, but here’s hoping.

Well said

What game was that?

2017 semi final

Clifford was unreal 2-8
Mark keane got a pt

Scorers for Kerry: D Clifford (2-8, 0-3 frees); Donal O’Sullivan (0-1 free), Donnchadh O’Sullivan (0-2 each); A Donoghue, F Clifford, C Gammell, J Griffin (0-1 each).

Scorers for Cork: E Murphy (1-2, 0-1 ’45); D Gore (0-4, 0-2 frees); C Myers Murray (0-3); M Keane (0-1).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼