Cork Footballers

I spoke to an Irish Lad that was fairly successful in Aussie Rules - The wages are modest enough - definitely not enough to retire on when playing career ends. Most train for something else - the guy I spoke to was training as a Crane Operator.

Ten years away and you loose touch with your home - friends have moved on, married, started famalies etc. If a guy comes home after 10 years, it's not easy to settle back in.

Some guys are very connected to family and much prefer the life style here.

Good luck to the guy. Hope he lines out for his county.
Yeah i was reading yesterday the Westmeath lad, Connelan, who came back after a few successful years. Coming back at 24 and having to start college 5/6 years after all of your friends etc and having to start again is tough to come back to.

I know Keane is playing for his club now in (Junior?) hurling and will probably teach an all Ireland final but how is he suddenly being talked of as a prospect for the Cork Hurlers and not football?..don’t get it?
Keane last year expressed an interest in playing hurling with Cork at some point in the future. I think he said that after winning the county. That is why.

Keane last year expressed an interest in playing hurling with Cork at some point in the future. I think he said that after winning the county. That is why.
Expressing an interest and being good enough on merit are different things. I’m not sure anyone else would have been fast tracked to a senior hurling panel like that but more luck to him.

Expressing an interest and being good enough on merit are different things. I’m not sure anyone else would have been fast tracked to a senior hurling panel like that but more luck to him.
Never said he was good enough or not.

Just explaining the reason why he has been looked at by hurlers.

A few years ago i attended a minor match between cork and kerry,all the talk before the game was about D Clifford and M Keane and if im not mistaken clifford got 2-8 that night and Keane got a goal and a few points. While Clifford is the 2nd best forward around today Keane had and still has the ability to be one of the best midfielders around imho.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼