Cork Footballers

Win ball and close your eyes to every option whilst you are closed down and when hope is gone lash it wide. This isn't the Co Final its playing with the big boys now!

No it's not the county final,it's not the league
either. How on the name of God can Brian
Hurley play as he can when he is being
deployed around the 40?.But I wouldn't
worry about him to much yet O Neill will
draw most attention on Sunday after yesterday's
performance all be it against a very very
poor Sligo team.But I suppose with your
narrow minded club bias if he get 10 points
V Mayo you will find fault.

We will have fierce trouble bringing the ball into scoring range against Mayo.
They tackle high up the pitch, one short kickout that gets turned over and I can see Ken losing confidence and going long.
And thats going to be a problem, we will get cleaned on the long kickouts.

Its going to be hard to score against them, but we will make it hard to score against us, I was impressed how well COD played as sweeper,
I would prefer to have Pa Kelly in for Collins, I think Mark is too lightweight for the bulky Mayo lads.

I think we have the better forwards, getting them consistent supply of ball will be the winning and losing of the game.

Spot on.

Mayo will have their homework done. They'll target KOH's kick-outs and cut off the short option knowing that they'll clean up when he goes long. That's going to be a huge issue for us.

Kerrigan is going to get man-marked by their fastest defender and obviously Colm O Neill will come in for huge attention.

They'll have noted how we gave away so many soft frees and how long ball into our FB line caused confusion with 2 men sometimes goinf for the same ball. I'd expect us to improve here.

I'd see Kelly as having the edge on Collins too but they are both very good footballers - the experience at CP and strength swings it Kelly's way for me but I can't see how Collins can be dropped.

Dropping 6 guys was way OTT. COD should have been on v Kerry anyway and BOD is probably a better defender than Cahalane at this point in time but it's a toss of a coin between those 2. Gould, Goulding and Kelly should not have been dropped - we should have used the Sligo game to prepare for Mayo and a QF v Mayo is not the place to be pitching in lads like Maguire and Donal Og.

At least, we'll go to CP with some belief.

cubbys 6 changes last week now my turn hanrahan Clancy Fermoy corner back paddy Kelly wingback ,gould mid field ,Vaughan wing forward dan mc owen full forward and denial in the corner, we have to get goals from here on, this has to be the massage three goals and we will beat mayo ,

cubbys 6 changes last week now my turn hanrahan Clancy Fermoy corner back paddy Kelly wingback ,gould mid field ,Vaughan wing forward dan mc owen full forward and denial in the corner, we have to get goals from here on, this has to be the massage three goals and we will beat mayo ,

Denial in the corner? LOL.

Cahalane has to start next week, ditto gould. Would play kelly all day too but coach is clueless. At least he read the examiner saturday and picked up mccarthy key points. Play mayo at dere own game. There gd everywhere but forwards are lacking class. If the forwards keep working like dogs then anything possible. Hurley needs to show up big time. Glavin needs tobbe dropped, mistakes every game.

Heres my take on things as they stand now after the sligo match.

Mayo will be favs but in my estimation we were clearer favs in 2011 as reigning all ireland champions, having built momentum by hammering down just before this match while mayo didnt look great at that time but we got caught that day. Thats why I give us a fighting chance next sunday no quesiton. they talents there but the will must be too, fight for every fucking ball.

Issues remain...James Loughrey is just not good enough in my view, a timebomb waiting to go off. Shields needs to cop on with the slow build ups and taking ball into tackle. Actually if I was cuthbert I would drill them all week move the ball at pace, how many times yesterday did we opt to take the ball into a tackle and end up on the ground on our arses either giving a free away or lose possesion. Mayo will destroy that. That has to stop, no question.

Man on ball...needs to use his options..cut out this shite on taking on 2/3 players and shoting from silly fucking angles..walshey, og hodnett, hurley etc all tried this stuff yesterday, give the ball to the lad in a better position to put over bar.

Defence still a worry...lacks real physical presence for my mind and need to learn to let one go up and the other hold for the breaking ball instead of 2 jumping on the same man.

Hurley has the talent..seems he is actually trying too hard and actually rushing himself..take a leaf from o neill..take it easy the scores will come.

All in all despite above we have every chance if we up the game, no question alot of this cork team have won an all ireland ..mayo dont have that mentalilty.

Mayo will be favs but in my estimation we were clearer favs in 2011 as reigning all ireland champions, having built momentum by hammering down just before this match while mayo didnt look great at that time but we got caught that day. Thats why I give us a fighting chance next sunday no quesiton. they talents there but the will must be too, fight for every fucking ball.

Issues remain...James Loughrey is just not good enough in my view, a timebomb waiting to go off. Shields needs to cop on with the slow build ups and taking ball into tackle. Actually if I was cuthbert I would drill them all week move the ball at pace, how many times yesterday did we opt to take the ball into a tackle and end up on the ground on our arses either giving a free away or lose possesion. Mayo will destroy that. That has to stop, no question.

Man on ball...needs to use his options..cut out this shite on taking on 2/3 players and shoting from silly fucking angles..walshey, og hodnett, hurley etc all tried this stuff yesterday, give the ball to the lad in a better position to put over bar.

Defence still a worry...lacks real physical presence for my mind and need to learn to let one go up and the other hold for the breaking ball instead of 2 jumping on the same man.

Hurley has the talent..seems he is actually trying too hard and actually rushing himself..take a leaf from o neill..take it easy the scores will come.

All in all despite above we have every chance if we up the game, no question alot of this cork team have won an all ireland ..mayo dont have that mentalilty.
iagree with what you say about shields put him full back, cadogan a far better player at cetre back excellent going forward must move the ball before contact mark Collins an example to all first touch every time never slows the game down

No it's not the county final,it's not the league
either. How on the name of God can Brian
Hurley play as he can when he is being
deployed around the 40?.But I wouldn't
worry about him to much yet O Neill will
draw most attention on Sunday after yesterday's
performance all be it against a very very
poor Sligo team.But I suppose with your
narrow minded club bias
if he get 10 points
V Mayo you will find fault.

Bias me bolix!

Hope your doing well RR.

Paddy Power .....Mayo 1/2 Cork 2/1 Draw 8/1
Kerry 2/7 Galway 3/1 Draw 10/1

1/2 seems like an insult against a team with Mayo's record but Paddy sees Cork footballers and Cubby as easy pickings for the men from the west. Who would have imagined these odds before the Munster final?
Is it possible that Cubby is reely reely smart and building up to another crack at Kerry in Croke Park in the semi final as total outsiders? I think not.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼