Cork Footballers

The expected result today without our best back this year, arguably our best player and missing our top scoring forward.
As I said last week, with Louth & Derry a tough finish, Cork could end up mid table having beaten no one outside of just the Div2 bottom teams.
At mid table John Cleary will have achieved his goal in the league.

Wouldn't begrudge the win to louth. They deserve ther day. Be great to see them get over the dubs.
Cork have been scoring plenty of goals but missed a hat full today by sounds of it. Big ask to beat derry but not impossible. Definitely a positive league but some serious lessons in there too.
The loss to meath was a killer as the goals they conceded were desperate ones to concede.

The expected result today without our best back this year, arguably our best player and missing our top scoring forward.
As I said last week, with Louth & Derry a tough finish, Cork could end up mid table having beaten no one outside of just the Div2 bottom teams.
At mid table John Cleary will have achieved his goal in the league.
Tbf, Louth were missing a few as well, including their captain, Sam Mulroy.

Today is the first time in 66 years that Louth beat Cork, according to RTE! Smallest county beats the largest.
People are now saying online that that is wrong as apparently Louth beat Cork in Drogheda in 1994, League Division 2.

So 66 becomes 29?

On another note, it looks as if Donegal and either Monaghan or Armagh will be joining us in Division 2 next season.

Went up to the game. Game should have been buried after 25 minutes. Powter won a turnover gave it to Sweeney and he passed it into Sherlock who was 1-1 with the goalie and he just fell. After that they still had 2 goals chances and Chris og missed one and should have passed another across the box instead he put it over.

It wasn’t a penalty imo, Powter made contact with him and the ball shot up into the air and he threw himself. Red card was a red card, shoulder to head.

It’s not nice football the way Louth play but effective. In the summer they will struggle with faster pitches

Players that impressed me was Fahy, Powter, Walsh and Deane

He plays too much up-field for a full-back. I wish he'd stay back more to mind the house and stay out of trouble.
Clancy needed back in there asap. I’d put DOM corner back for now, I rate him, full back in a couple of years when Clancy hangs up the boots maybe. Right now, TC is streets ahead of him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼