Cork Footballers

rebel boy

I understand John Cooper will be available after Christmas, whether he's selected then for the panel is the issue.

Kevin Flahive shouldn't be available until later in the league alright.

Paul Ring has been involved long enough to develop and hasn't, imho his ship has sailed but I hope I'm wrong. Shane Merritt way off it, too lightweight and Tommy Walsh should get game time but I'd rather see him start with the U-20's first in his last year at that level.

Dagame

You seem to forget most of us have seen Brian O'Driscoll play senior inter-county before and then he lacked the right attitude and was without discipline big time. He is now a good few years older and hopefully matured but should be slower or less sharp for this level.
If Cooper is available and fit then no reason he should not be in the panel, that would be good news. Realistically getting Flahive back to full fitness should be the priority there, I think the three mentioned all have something to offer, good point regarding Tommy Walsh he should stay with his own age group. Thought Ring actually played reasonably well against Dublin in Croker, v comfortable going forward in that match. Merritt playing Sigerson in UCC, good chance to judge him in those games.

Brian O' Driscoll was very impressive in club championship in 2022, certainly has matured. Again McGrath cup games might tell us more. Cleary and his management team were at club games all summer at all levels and have seen everyone in the panel last year, I think anyone worth their salt has been looked at.

Corkonian1 is there anyone you would like to see that was not part of last years panel involved? ( excluding those that do not want to be there, pointless exercise)

If Cooper is available and fit then no reason he should not be in the panel, that would be good news. Realistically getting Flahive back to full fitness should be the priority there, I think the three mentioned all have something to offer, good point regarding Tommy Walsh he should stay with his own age group. Thought Ring actually played reasonably well against Dublin in Croker, v comfortable going forward in that match. Merritt playing Sigerson in UCC, good chance to judge him in those games.

Brian O' Driscoll was very impressive in club championship in 2022, certainly has matured. Again McGrath cup games might tell us more. Cleary and his management team were at club games all summer at all levels and have seen everyone in the panel last year, I think anyone worth their salt has been looked at.

Corkonian1 is there anyone you would like to see that was not part of last years panel involved? ( excluding those that do not want to be there, pointless exercise)
What club championship was this? Saw him 3 times twice against Argideen once against Barryroe and if anything his man markers more deserving of a call

Yupp and redrebel123

I'm not doubting Merritt's level of fitness but he certainly needs to be far more robust at inter-county level based on this years league campaign. With Killian O'Hanlon and Paul Walsh both out injured and Walsh returning and then getting red carded v Limerick Shane Merritt didn't figure, with both guys fully fit not to mind the defenders returning will Shane Merritt definitely make the 25?

rebel boy

C26 has answered your question to me really as Peter Cunningham is a player I would look at along with his fellow clubman and teamate Adam Hennessy, these two guys have serious energy and deserve the opportunity to see do they have what it takes at the top level. Colm O'Donovan of Newcestown is a player I'd look at for corner-back. There are loads of players good enough but are they committed to the cause such as Mark White and Sean Wilson who are 2 who come to mind.

intothewest

You are spot on! Peter Cunningham was wing-back wearing No. 7 when St. Michaels defeated Nemo to win the Minor County Final in 2018. Adam Hennessy was Man of the Match and AFAIR didn't make the Cork minor panel. Robbie Cotter also played in attack and Alan Connolly was a sub.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Cinder Well

Coughlan's, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼