Cork Footballers

Dagame

I'd be slow to bring Keane in. I think it is unfair to other players in the panel who have committed. Could unsettle the group.
New year next year and when you finish the year like this year now and start new say in october everybody who wants to be part of panel that good enough should be welcome in.Plus we need every 1 we can get cause we still miles off the pace to get bk to a top 4 team.

Maybe its his demeanour but John Cleary seemed all smiles and happy out after Dublin game. Even before the game interview was worrying. If that's the standard of display that we are happy with we are going no where. One point from play in whole of second half to a Dunlin side stuck in second gear. Probably the worse, definitely second worse of the 8 teams in the QF, maybe Clare worse but not sure. Yes we are not good enough but content with it not acceptable

RightHalfBack

I think Cleary was happy that his team showed that they are at least better than they have been given credit for - this team have come from rock bottom and while losing by 11 points is certainly not cause for any celebration they put up a better show than both Kildare and Meath did against Dublin. Cork kicked 13 wides many of them scorable so the scoreline could have been more respectable without ever coming close to really troubling Dublin. Clare have been given a lot of praise this summer but there is no doubt John Cleary was a happier man than Colm Collins leaving Croke Park on Sat. At least we have something to build on.

In 2019 we went man on man against Dublin played for victory, we were right in that game until the 63rd minute when the floodgates opened.
Saturday we gave Dublin too much respect and were set up to keep the score down. Dublin were no great shakes and were there for the taking if we went at them.
With 6 minutes to go and 9 points down up on the screen came a stat that we hand kicked 12 wides to dublins 6,some of those wides were bad in the extreme and should we have kicked half of them there would be only 3 points in it with a few minutes to go.
Thats the rose tinted view of the game.

Corkonian1

Id like to think Darragh Cashman can breakthrough and make the team. Class act.
I think Cashman is gone back since his minor days, good going forward but not good enough as a defender.

Hugh O'Connor is a player I'd like to see involved, himself and Conor Corbett could compete for a half-forward place with hopefully both of them eventually starting.

The Highway Man

Maybe its his demeanour but John Cleary seemed all smiles and happy out after Dublin game. Even before the game interview was worrying. If that's the standard of display that we are happy with we are going no where. One point from play in whole of second half to a Dunlin side stuck in second gear. Probably the worse, definitely second worse of the 8 teams in the QF, maybe Clare worse but not sure. Yes we are not good enough but content with it not acceptable
Listen to Clearys post match interview FFS. What do fellas here expect Christ. WE Nearly got relegated to division three, we have fellas dropping like flies last few months. The manager is gone and the team has been run as a Shitshow for years with fitness and conditioning miles off other counties. Yerra but if you know we went man to man and let it in fast and shur Dublin were there for taking. 😂

Dublin absolutely rinsed a division 1 team and a division 2 team higher placed then us and yet people are serious that we could have done any better Saturday night? We are where we are, assess cork as a bottom of division 2 team as opposed to where you think we should be

I was disappointed for 2 reasons leaving Croke Park on Saturday one was that we wee not closer to Dublin and the other was i could not see Dublin beating Kerry.
After watching both games yesterday i would not be one bit surprised if the winner does not come from the other semi final. PS Bad and all as we were we did not concede a goal to either Kerry or Dublin.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
CMAT
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

12th May 2023 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Welcome Wednesday Session

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 9:30pm

View more events ▼