Cork Footballers

Where is Careagh ? !!

Caheragh is located between Drimoleague, Skibbereen and Bantry. If you are travelling from Drimoleague to Bantry their pitch called Aughaville is on the right around 3/4 miles outside Drimoleague village behind a pub whose name escape me atm. I think it is like the second biggest parish in Ireland and biggest in Munster but wouldn't think their population would be that big though. They also border like 6/7 other clubs so plenty of rivalry along their bounds.

It's only the McGrath Cup but i am of the mentality that when there is a trophy up for grabs you go for it.No will remember who won or lost this game in a years time but all we can do is deal with the here and now.You can never pass up the chance to beat a Kerry team.Especially when there's places on the starting 15 up for grabs and it would be no harm for our younger players to maintain their excellent winning record against Kerry teams from u21 level.

Caheragh is located between Drimoleague, Skibbereen and Bantry. If you are travelling from Drimoleague to Bantry their pitch called Aughaville is on the right around 3/4 miles outside Drimoleague village behind a pub whose name escape me atm. I think it is like the second biggest parish in Ireland and biggest in Munster but wouldn't think their population would be that big though. They also border like 6/7 other clubs so plenty of rivalry along their bounds.

Bantry Blues, Muintir Bhaire, Gabriel Rgs, Illen Rvs Clann Na Gael and O D Rossa all very close neighbours. They have been very successful in producing U Age players for Cork over the past 40odd yrs. Off the top pf my head I recall Dan Keohane, Mike Kingston, brothers Ivan & James Kingston Mick Mc Carthy, Sean O Sullivan and Pat Hegarty. Pat was the only one to play senior I think. Like all rural clubs they have been decimated with emigration so numbers would be very tight!

From Rebel GAA.

Sliotarhead: Was at the game, the pitch was waterlogged so didnt make it easy for players to stay on their feet and the ball was dead on the ground. Cork were 1-3 to nothing up after 5 mins and 2-5 to nothing shortly afterwards so game was over as a contest.
Clancy (fermoy)even though he was full back he seemed to be further out the field, whether he was following his man or positioned there i'm not sure, himself and Andrew o Sullivan handled a world of ball with O sullivan drifting back to sweep up and start the attack. both stood out for me.
As for Goulding he was drifting out the field and seemed alot more involved than his normal self which was good to see. Got one peach of a point in the 2nd half.
Even with such a huge win the worry for me was the lack of winning the ball in the air in midfield, no clean catches, i know conditions were bad but we didnt even attempt it preferring to punch the ball but the majority of the time struggling to win the breaks.
Next sunday will be a bit more interesting hopefully

Oh and there's a few posts that were a bit critical of Daniel Goulding and of course Carrig Kid was only too happy to hop on the bandwagon!I suppose Daniel could improve his workrate at times but any man that racket up 1-2 on a bad day is a priceless asset.The stat's don't lie.

CORKFAN: Hes closing in on Colin Corkerys record as the top scorer of all time in Cork football at the age of 27 ....9 points in the All-Ireland final of 2010 3 from play 3 45s and 3 frees ....a serious injury ruled him for a period from 2011 to 2012 for about a year ...a very important player for Cork footballers and one of the best forwards in the country ...records dont lie.

From Boards.ie.

thinkstoomuch1: I am delighted with that team,bar one or two ,i am over the moon,as hayes and mcloughlin were poor.
Credit to cuthbhert,for dropping Hayes ,and overall I am happy with the team.
Credit where due.
He learned from the 1st two games
Great to see Crowley play,and O driscoll,galvin and sugrue get a chance against kerry.
A good full back line,with a real presence at 3,and two very fast corner backs ,Crowley more a half back ,but so versalite can slot in there.

A strong half back line ,but I would have preffered a presence like gould at 6 flanked by clancy.Still that is not a bad line.
A good midfield.
The half forward line is full of running,work ethic ,and collins can score,I would have rather Sugrue ,but O driscoll got a nice goal last week.I don't think the butcher will operate as a forward he will go with 3 at midfield.
The full forward line has pace,scoring and strength and if it gets fast ball has potential.It wont start come championship but is fine for Sunday.
Overall a good team.

Bantry Blues, Muintir Bhaire, Gabriel Rgs, Illen Rvs Clann Na Gael and O D Rossa all very close neighbours. They have been very successful in producing U Age players for Cork over the past 40odd yrs. Off the top pf my head I recall Dan Keohane, Mike Kingston, brothers Ivan & James Kingston Mick Mc Carthy, Sean O Sullivan and Pat Hegarty. Pat was the only one to play senior I think. Like all rural clubs they have been decimated with emigration so numbers would be very tight!

Do they border St Colums and Kilmacabea as well ? . Ya for a small club they have produced a lot of players for Cork.They are a relatively new club as well. Didn't Gene O'Driscoll play for the Cork juniors in the 80s or 90s I think.

Do they border St Colums and Kilmacabea as well ? . Ya for a small club they have produced a lot of players for Cork.They are a relatively new club as well. Didn't Gene O'Driscoll play for the Cork juniors in the 80s or 90s I think.
St Colums they border but not kilmacabea. For a club that had good players im surprised how many times they have bottled the junior grade.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼