Cork Developments

WED, 21 DEC, 2022 - 14:00 Supreme Court dismisses Save Cork City appeal against flood relief works In a unanimous decision on Wednesday a five-judge Supreme Court dismissed the appeal. It now means the work around Morrison’s Island can go ahead. Supreme Court dismisses Save Cork City appeal against flood relief works Moores Hotel morrisons island morrisons quay AOH Hall      ANN O’LOUGHLIN A community group has lost a Supreme Court bid to have planning permission for certain flood relief works in Cork city overturned. The Save Cork City Community Association CLG (SCCA) in a leapfrog appeal to the Supreme Court wanted the decision by the High Court last year to refuse to strike down the planning permission for the works around the Morrison’s Island area reversed. But in a unanimous decision on Wednesday a five-judge Supreme Court dismissed the appeal. It now means the work around Morrison’s Island can go ahead. Mr Justice Seamus Woulfe giving the judgment of the court said he agreed with the High Court that An Bord Pleanála does have jurisdiction to conduct a screening for an environmental impact assessment (EIA) in an application under a certain section of t
Are they the people that wanted a tidal barrier rather than building up the quay walls?

Drove on the Macroom bypass today. You can see why it is 100 rather 120 Km/h. No hard shoulder - if you have to stop (I know you shouldn't), you are still on the carriageway.

If you are turning left off it, no filter lane to the left. If you are turning from a minor road to join it, there is no lead in lane - just a stop sign and you have to start off at zero on the inner lane.

Doesn't strike me as being particularly safe. They will spend millions trying to rectify it in a few years time.

Drove on the Macroom bypass today. You can see why it is 100 rather 120 Km/h. No hard shoulder - if you have to stop (I know you shouldn't), you are still on the carriageway.

If you are turning left off it, no filter lane to the left. If you are turning from a minor road to join it, there is no lead in lane - just a stop sign and you have to start off at zero on the inner lane.

Doesn't strike me as being particularly safe. They will spend millions trying to rectify it in a few years time.
Still though a whole lot better than creeping along through the town

Absolute madness

Still though a whole lot better than creeping along through the town
You won't be saying that if you get a puncture or breakdown ;)

That sounds a bit ropey alright

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼