Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Is foreign people committing crime in Cork a fair reflection of Cork?

Like is Cork a dangerous place just because a small handful of the people who have moved here are lunatics?

Is foreign people committing crime in Cork a fair reflection of Cork?

Like is Cork a dangerous place just because a small handful of the people who have moved here are lunatics?
I would like to see the stats on this, I believe there was a study a few years ago that showed there was less crime by foreign nationals per capita than Irish citizens. Of course any studies like this require commentary on average age, socio economic status etc.

I would like to see the stats on this, I believe there was a study a few years ago that showed there was less crime by foreign nationals per capita than Irish citizens. Of course any studies like this require commentary on average age, socio economic status etc.
It’s not helped by media reporting where accused are from. I don’t see how it’s relevant. If a Donegal person committed a crime in Galway is that relevant information?

TLDR: 22% of prison population are non nationals. Down from 25% pre-covid.

I'd imagine that 99% of crimes committed here are by locals, but every time we see one of these serious crimes there seems to be a foreign element. Ashling Murphy, the Polish lad in Ballincollig, and now the Brazilian girl in recent days.

I'd like to see stats for say, the last 5 years, focusing just on murder. There aren't that many murders in Ireland thankfully so it'd be a fairly easy study to undertake for someone who has fuck all else to be doing. I nominate SoundMan

It’s not helped by media reporting where accused are from. I don’t see how it’s relevant. If a Donegal person committed a crime in Galway is that relevant information?

What isn't helped? Why is reporting where the accused is from a problem?

I never got this mentality but many clearly agree with you as I see the press reporting has changed significantly in recent years, whereby they hide the accused's origins and label them "Dublin man" or "Limerick man" when the accused could be from Outer Mongolia and in the country for a total of two weeks.

It's proper granny state stuff where some truths are inconvenient and need to be kept from the public for fear they will make up their own mind.

What isn't helped? Why is reporting where the accused is from a problem?

I never got this mentality but many clearly agree with you as I see the press reporting has changed significantly in recent years, whereby they hide the accused's origins and label them "Dublin man" or "Limerick man" when the accused could be from Outer Mongolia and in the country for a total of two weeks.

It's proper granny state stuff where some truths are inconvenient and need to be kept from the public for fear they will make up their own mind.
Crime reporting should report relevant information. How is where a suspect is from relevant information?

I'd imagine that 99% of crimes committed here are by locals, but every time we see one of these serious crimes there seems to be a foreign element. Ashling Murphy, the Polish lad in Ballincollig, and now the Brazilian girl in recent days.

I'd like to see stats for say, the last 5 years, focusing just on murder. There aren't that many murders in Ireland thankfully so it'd be a fairly easy study to undertake for someone who has fuck all else to be doing. I nominate SoundMan

Don't forget the gay serial killer in Sligo.
Last Friday I was walking past the Sin E. Now there seems to be a mosque down that sidelane and as I was walking past this middle aged Muslim dude in pyjamas and a prayer hat gave me the nastiest look possible. It was a look of sheer hatred. Over the years people have told me I look bent so your man probably thought I was queer, especially considering how handsome, well dressed, and muscular I am these days.

There's a very nasty mentality among some of these Islam dudes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

The Longest Johns

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼