Cork city has gone to the dogs.

The simple initial typo was pointed out and corrected and yet it was reverted to again when trying to claim I was wrong that McCurtain Street was no longer being referred to with the Victorian Quarter BS. I wasn't :cool:
Okay so the typos rattled you, fair enough. Now are you going to answer the question or what?

That's VQ, but two of ye had posted VC so I had presumed it was something new.

This was in the news about 4 months ago!

Historic Cork City streets to retire 'Victorian Quarter' tag​

New ‘director of operations’ will promote the area’s daytime and night-time economy, as well as its cultural, arts and education offering
Historic Cork City streets to retire 'Victorian Quarter' tag'Victorian Quarter' tag

Several businesses in the VQ, the former Victorian Quarter centred on MacCurtain St, have pooled resources to fund a new role to promote the area as a day and night-time destination. Picture: Gerard McCarthy
FRI, 04 MAR, 2022 - 12:59
Eoin English

A historic Cork city area is retiring its ‘Victorian’ tag and recruiting a director of operations as part of a major rebranding and promotion drive.
Several businesses in the VQ, the former Victorian Quarter centred on MacCurtain St, have pooled resources to fund a new role to promote the area as a day and night-time destination.
“This is not just about driving business in the area. It’s about much more than that. It’s about the wellbeing of those in the area, it’s about the environment and it’s about community,” VQ spokesman Derek Shears said.
Brian Murray, the head chef and owner of the Glass Curtain restaurant in the Old Thompson’s Bakery, said it was being done thanks to the unity of businesses in the area.

Yawn, slightly retooled morketing bullshit. No-one but a handful of business owners and media types who lick each others rings will refer to the area by either term.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼