Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Dont we have the garda reserves?

Did you ever see them?
Pat Kenny (I think) had a program on them a while back where they said that they were demoralized by being told they weren’t allowed to actually do anything and we’re told just to stay in touch the station.
The full time force didn’t want to engage- just a lack of vision and structure I’d say

Naloxone. An amazing drug. Unfortunately many more overdoses could be prevented if designated staff in such shelters were permitted to administer it also.
The paramedics are already run off their feet, and very often staff in shelters and hostels are on the scene of an overdose immediately.
I know of cases where the user has died with staff present while waiting for paramedics to arrive on the scene.
I thought some staff were trained to use it?

An unpopular opinion i know but the unofficial "do gooders" actually may be doing more harm than good by "enabling" addicts (alchol is just as bad as smack) who adopt street living.

Also now paramedics can bring many overdoses back from the brink of death using new drugs so i believe that fatal ODs from heroin are in the decline.

:roll:

I'm a day drinker m8. Much more sociable to casually sit in the sun and have a few jars before hopping on the bus home and getting the head down.

I was home watching Father Ted at 10 on the Sunday of the jazz.

And what pray tell were you doing on the Friday, Saturday nights :lol:

Day drinkers are for the watching!

Any man that raises his hand to a woman is not a man.

Does it similarly hold that any woman who raises her hand to a man is not a woman?

I remember seeing Mags Kelly knock a motor-bike cop (and they're generally tough guys) off his bike and set about him on the ground kicking and punching him when he was down.

Does it similarly hold that any woman who raises her hand to a man is not a woman?

I remember seeing Mags Kelly knock a motor-bike cop (and they're generally tough guys) off his bike and set about him on the ground kicking and punching him when he was down.

Who or what was mags kelly?

Mags from fair city?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Buffalo Soul - Bob Marley Tribute

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼