Cork city has gone to the dogs.

The homeless guy who was assaulted on Patrick Street a few weeks ago has died, that brings to four the deaths by violence in Cork city this year by my reckoning.

Drug use has exploded too, heroin seems have lost it's stigma and coke is widely available.

Grim scenes.

The victim was assaulted at a pop up soup kitchen

Went for a pizza with herself and the 2 smallies Monday evening, walked down Oliver Plunkett st shortly before 6. Witnessed verbal arguments, met 1 middle aged man with a face covered in blood and saw a security guard from Guineys get assaulted by a middle aged man I presume had robbed something.
Asked the lad covered in blood was he ok and his female companion told me they were grand.
Hung around Guineys to make sure the security guard was ok but he got on top of the situation, by which time his assailants pants was around his ankles. Saw no guards. On the way home the 6 year old said he doesn't like town anymore. Place is gone desperate

Went for a pizza with herself and the 2 smallies Monday evening, walked down Oliver Plunkett st shortly before 6. Witnessed verbal arguments, met 1 middle aged man with a face covered in blood and saw a security guard from Guineys get assaulted by a middle aged man I presume had robbed something.
Asked the lad covered in blood was he ok and his female companion told me they were grand.
Hung around Guineys to make sure the security guard was ok but he got on top of the situation, by which time his assailants pants was around his ankles. Saw no guards. On the way home the 6 year old said he doesn't like town anymore. Place is gone desperate

Maybe best to walk on rather than expose your kids to scumbags?

The city centre is definitely on a seriously downward trajectory with anti-social behavior, drug dealing and addiction, homelessness and alcoholism.
I’ve never seen it so bad as in the past few months.:(

We are all very quick to point out how Dublin’s city centre has gone to the absolute dogs - and it has - but Cork is catching up fast. The arrogant, utterly out of touch wasters in power are pinning all their election hopes on their handling of Brexit, but they have allowed the housing, addiction and health crises to worsen and have really have done Sweet FA about it. I don’t think they really care - “Let Them Eat Cake” comes to mind...

Maybe best to walk on rather than expose your kids to scumbags?

Point taken, just not a fan of current culture where we see people whipping out their phones to record rather than helping someone.
With the Guineys incident, it happened right in front of us, herself walked down to the GPO with the kids and I hung around.

Typos aside...as soon as the ROI takes a long hard look a alcohol addiction and the damage it does the better.

As a nation, we are in denial.

You hit the nail on the head there CJ.

Alcohol is the first step on the drug ladder.
Irish people like to forget that alcohol is a drug.
Social my fuck.
It's a drug.

Point taken, just not a fan of current culture where we see people whipping out their phones to record rather than helping someone.
With the Guineys incident, it happened right in front of us, herself walked down to the GPO with the kids and I hung around.

Fair enough

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Peader O Callaghan

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼