Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Fans of open drug dealing can just head to the Customs House/back of Jurys Inn or Parnell Place areas where you can readily witness emaciated tracksuit clad scobes flog their wares to semi-human zombies in plain sight while you sit in traffic waiting for the lights to change.

I have no idea how the hospitality business etc who pay huge rates even put up with this right on their doorstep.

Fans of open drug dealing can just head to the Customs House/back of Jurys Inn or Parnell Place areas where you can readily witness emaciated tracksuit clad scobes flog their wares to semi-human zombies in plain sight while you sit in traffic waiting for the lights to change.

I have no idea how the hospitality business etc who pay huge rates even put up with this right on their doorstep.
Very unfair to owners of clayton and jurys inn, guests checking in and parking cars have to witness this,

Very unfair to owners of clayton and jurys inn, guests checking in and parking cars have to witness this,
It is also common in many other cities across Europe etc but Cork is a small city and it should be able to manage its policing in a few areas where there are always issues highly visible to anyone merely even passing through.

Putting an out of date homeless shelter that is over subscribed right on the water and next to the bus station and near the main train station where tourists/locals/students etc come through the city is just a very bad idea.

Some of these delis etc should fund bins in their vicinity. Hard to believe as well that plastic cups are still everywhere in this day and age.
Why should they?

This is sheer laziness on the part of the public, pure and simple. These aren't tourists or blow ins doing this, these are by and large bone lazy uncaring Irish fuckwads. I had a pizza box last weekend, I carried it until a found a fucking bin, it's not that hard.

You would think things like rates that businesses pay would fund bins, street cleaning etc like in any other normal country, but not us.
No, we have to be different.

Why should they?

This is sheer laziness on the part of the public, pure and simple. These aren't tourists or blow ins doing this, these are by and large bone lazy uncaring Irish fuckwads. I had a pizza box last weekend, I carried it until a found a fucking bin, it's not that hard.

You would think things like rates that businesses pay would fund bins, street cleaning etc like in any other normal country, but not us.
75% of commercial rates collected in Cork go on “salaries & administration.”

Why should they?

Does my head in to see people throw waste on the streets, but are full bins collected with sufficient regularity.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

22nd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼