Cork Camogie 2022

Senior club final throw in 2.30pm. Seandun v Sars. Castle Rd looking well, a credit to the Camogie Board. Pitch looks well if a bit cut up. Looking forward to a good contest.

Stay with me here. Advice was sought and I ain't got no answer about the skort and a girl that's a girl but identifies as a boy so won't wear the skort- zero politics or agenda in this one, he/she just wants to play camogie with her team - with shorts.

Rule 6. Playing gear
a. Teams are required to wear distinctive colours. In all instances all
members of the same team must be uniformly dressed.
b. Playing gear must be of Irish manufacture if possible. It must
consist of:
• skirt/skort/divided skirt,
sports jersey with long or short
sleeves, knee socks and boots.

Penalty: If not complied with in Camogie games, the Referee will
firstly caution the player/players for dissent.

If the
player/players continue to refuse to comply with Rule 6 as
outlined above she/they will be dealt with in accordance
with Rule 41.9 (b) for dissent.

Surely someone has broken this rule and the ref saw nothing? Right?

Last edited:
Stay with me here. Advice was sought and I ain't got no answer about the skort and a girl that's a girl but identifies as a boy so won't wear the skort- zero politics or agenda in this one, he/she just wants to play camogie with her team - with shorts.

Rule 6. Playing gear
a. Teams are required to wear distinctive colours. In all instances all
members of the same team must be uniformly dressed.
b. Playing gear must be of Irish manufacture if possible. It must
consist of:
• skirt/skort/divided skirt,
sports jersey with long or short
sleeves, knee socks and boots.

Penalty: If not complied with in Camogie games, the Referee will
firstly caution the player/players for dissent.

If the
player/players continue to refuse to comply with Rule 6 as
outlined above she/they will be dealt with in accordance
with Rule 41.9 (b) for dissent.

Surely someone has broken this rule and the ref saw nothing? Right?
I know my girls are told by the club to wear a skort for big matches but have never seen a ref check for it or enforce it. That's not to say they don't as I haven't been looking out for it.
I assume they could wear a pair of shorts the same colour and style and get away with it but you could meet a nutter ref at some stage. The last thing they need is to be singled out if they are already experiencing other issues. Always thought it was a crazy rule myself. Depending on age, type of match etc they won't meet an official ref until U12 championship at the earliest so should be ok until then at least.
Sorry I couldn't be more help. Best of luck.

I know my girls are told by the club to wear a skort for big matches but have never seen a ref check for it or enforce it. That's not to say they don't as I haven't been looking out for it.
I assume they could wear a pair of shorts the same colour and style and get away with it but you could meet a nutter ref at some stage. The last thing they need is to be singled out if they are already experiencing other issues. Always thought it was a crazy rule myself. Depending on age, type of match etc they won't meet an official ref until U12 championship at the earliest so should be ok until then at least.
Sorry I couldn't be more help. Best of luck.
Thanks dude, a 15 year old.

I originally didn't give the benefit of the doubt as it could create a Rosa Park type confrontation but this girl/ boy just doesn't want to wear a skort.

I suppose if you insisted on male hurlers wearing skorts they'd just rightly tell you where to go - and rule change ASAP.

Thanks dude, a 15 year old.

I originally didn't give the benefit of the doubt as it could create a Rosa Park type confrontation but this girl/ boy just doesn't want to wear a skort.

I suppose if you insisted on male hurlers wearing skorts they'd just rightly tell you where to go - and rule change ASAP.
Awkward one alright.
I suppose if they are 15 you can have a chat with them and explain what could happen and leave them then decide for themselves what they want to do (and have a ready made excuse for ref if they want, I couldn't find them this morning etc).

Awkward one alright.
I suppose if they are 15 you can have a chat with them and explain what could happen and leave them then decide for themselves what they want to do (and have a ready made excuse for ref if they want, I couldn't find them this morning etc).
Nah, I can't suggest that for the kid - that's just telling them to pretend they aren't who the think they are.

It would be like asking the kid to hide it. Thin end of a wedge, not to long ago gays had to hide their sexuality.

I going to suggest leaving it up to the kid with the full support of maybe half the club.....?????

Is he wearing a Cork jersey underneath his kit?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼