cork airport to go (temporarily) BANG!

Cork airport is grand for convenience for there's literally nothing in Departures besides the pub, wh smith, and that coffee stand. That said i love flying back into Cork. Lately I've done London, Liverpool, and Bergamo. Got into Cork around ten pm last Sunday night and was able to get the last bus home to Mton at 11. Trying to take a city break every month. Next stop is Poznan in November.

It’s just a seasonal route. Reinstatement of the seasonal route they cancelled in 2017. Probably more financially viable now with their A321NEO LRs.

Still, handy for connections from O’Hare, although United service is generally shite.

Ah OK. That's not suitable for me in the long run but great news for anyone going to Chicago or onward in the summer - the hassle of dealing with Customs & Border Patrol at O'Hare would break anyone.

I have to say that I really like flying with United Airlines. I've flown transatlantic and internal US in Economy/Premium Economy/Polaris Business class with them over the years. Always a good service - in my experience anyway.

The United Polaris lounge in Chicago ORD is excellent too - I was there recently after they revamped/re-opened it - great food/drinks - the staff seemed a bit disorganised but their friendliness made up for it.

Cork airport is grand for convenience for there's literally nothing in Departures besides the pub, wh smith, and that coffee stand. That said i love flying back into Cork. Lately I've done London, Liverpool, and Bergamo. Got into Cork around ten pm last Sunday night and was able to get the last bus home to Mton at 11. Trying to take a city break every month. Next stop is Poznan in November.
Someone is doing well for themselves

CORK Airport has officially launched its 2023 summer schedule which includes 1.2 million seats across 44 scheduled routes, operated by eight airlines.

Over 2.5 million passengers are forecasted to travel through the airport.

This summer, Ryanair will operate their largest ever summer schedule at Cork Airport, with 29 routes to choose from. Of these, five are new summer routes – with twice-weekly services to Seville, La Rochelle, Venice Treviso and Rome Fiumicino along with a three-times weekly service to East Midlands.

Ryanair will also operate increased frequencies on 11 routes this summer - London Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Lanzarote, Malaga, Faro, Alicante, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona Reus, and Bordeaux.

Aer Lingus has resumed services to Faro and Malaga, while services to Dubrovnik and Palma de Mallorca will recommence in May.

Aer Lingus has increased frequencies on the Malaga and Faro routes from Cork Airport this summer, with the airline operating a daily service to Malaga and a six-times weekly service to Faro in the months of July and August. Aer Lingus will also maintain key European hub connectivity to Amsterdam Schiphol (six-times weekly with two services on Monday, Friday, and Sunday) and London-Heathrow, with a four-times-daily service to the latter.

Last Sunday, Cork Airport welcomed the return of Air France, operating a daily service to Paris Charles de Gaulle, providing direct air access to the French capital and superb onward connectivity across the wider Air France global network. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will operate a twice-daily service to Amsterdam Schiphol while Lufthansa and SWISS International Air Lines (operated by Edelweiss) will return in April, operating services to Frankfurt and Zurich respectively, complementing the range of European flag carriers that are operating at Ireland’s second busiest airport.

CORK Airport has officially launched its 2023 summer schedule which includes 1.2 million seats across 44 scheduled routes, operated by eight airlines.

Over 2.5 million passengers are forecasted to travel through the airport.

Still well down on pre financial crisis levels whereas Dublin airport surpassed these levels by 2015.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼