Civil War in Iraq?

cantankerous bastard said:
A squaddie would say that.

US army are crap, but the Marines are tough as nails and trained far better

so the marines are the ones who shoot thier allies in the british army? they've been trained to recognise thier own colours & to know better than shooting themselves/thier own army in the foot

liam2me said:
so the marines are the ones who shoot thier allies in the british army? they've been trained to recognise thier own colours & to know better than shooting themselves/thier own army in the foot

Wasn't it the American airforces that fired on their own forces on the Iraq/Turkish border???????

cantankerous bastard said:
A squaddie would say that.

US army are crap, but the Marines are tough as nails and trained far better

Ha ha. You would say that, considering one of your best friends has joined the marines.

What's the story there? Does he have american parents or what? Or is he just that yee-haw?

tucker lyons said:
which is why Saddam was the finger on the pulses of their respective throats

now he's gone and the world police that is the coalition of the willing are about as good at keeping peace as introducing it....

lets just say that we compare it to when we ourselves got our independence. 1918-1922, civil war as opposing factions wanted to usurp each other and gain control. that was 2 opposing factions. it went on for 4 years in a population of say, 3 million.

in iraq we have 4 factions among 25million. so by tuckers theory of reloadivity a civil war formula could be 4(f) x 4(y) x (25(p)/3(c))= 133 years.

busy time for foreign correspondants and munition dealers.

dont forget the kurds!

tucker
I agree fully with you on this one Tucker. One group that will not fare well in a Civil War situation are the GOP. That will spell the end of their control of the US govt for about 8 years or so. Iraq and Iran are not the only countries to have a Shia/ Sunni problem, a age old schism that makes the Catholic/Protestant thing look like the Mods and the Rockers.

Liam, I wan't you to learn how to spell one simple word. It will, I assure you, help you succeed in life. The word is "their". It is a common, and easy to use word. You look like an imbecile when you consistantly spell it 'thier'.

PigCapitalist said:
Liam, I wan't you to learn how to spell one simple word. It will, I assure you, help you succeed in life. The word is "their". It is a common, and easy to use word. You look like an imbecile when you consistantly spell it 'thier'.

wow glass house... consistently
but it always strikes me that when somebody picks up on spelling mistake they have truly lost the debate...

and before you say anything, i am not in a debate with you, just think it funny

well i said before there simply has to be a civil war you can't just place someone into government - the same happened in ireland when we became independant - its just the way things are, it will happen - its just a matter of time

St_Cyrill_of_Tyrrenhaes said:
Francis Fukuyama, doyen of the neoconservative movement, predicted as much a couple of days ago. His piece is a stunning kick in the backside for the neocons in the present government and is well worth a read.

Just for the record, I'm not sure it's really correct to describe Fukayama as 'doyen of the neocon movement'.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼