City centre traffic changes,

Many cars are still turning right over Christy Ring Bridge. This is dangerous, as if you are coming down Lavitts Quay from the Paul Street Shopping centre, there is a filter traffic light for turning left on to the bridge to proceed to Blackpool. This is fine in theory, In practice however, traffic coming from Patrick's Street direction is still ilegally turning right over the bridge. It's only a matter of time before there is a serious collision. The Patrick Street Ban is an example of what can happen when laws passed by city council aren't enforced.

It's time to revisit the enforcement policies of the Gardaí. Whether you agree or disagree with the traffic management routes, the law needs to be enforced.

Otherwise there is no point in bringing in laws. The law on public drinking, and driving on the footpaths are already being ignored.

Many cars are still turning right over Christy Ring Bridge. This is dangerous, as if you are coming down Lavitts Quay from the Paul Street Shopping centre, there is a filter traffic light for turning left on to the bridge to proceed to Blackpool. This is fine in theory, In practice however, traffic coming from Patrick's Street direction is still ilegally turning right over the bridge. It's only a matter of time before there is a serious collision. The Patrick Street Ban is an example of what can happen when laws passed by city council aren't enforced.

It's time to revisit the enforcement policies of the Gardaí. Whether you agree or disagree with the traffic management routes, the law needs to be enforced.

Otherwise there is no point in bringing in laws. The law on public drinking, and driving on the footpaths are already being ignored.

A garda even occasionally standing near that junction would soon get people to mend their ways.

Can't understand why people still turn right over CRbridge to be honest. Coming from Patrick Steet I think you can go over Patrick's Bridge and then left up Camden Quay (there's two lanes going west there now); and if you're coming from Parnell Place all you have to do is turn right in front of the Bus Office and cross the north channel over Brian Boru Bridge. Traffic would work a lot better if people could just plan their route a little bit ahead instead of "automatic" "shur this is the route I've driven for the past 20 years" :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the reduction of Patrick's Quay to single lane is causing a bottle-neck but hopefully that can be revisited.

A garda even occasionally standing near that junction would soon get people to mend their ways.

Can't understand why people still turn right over CRbridge to be honest. Coming from Patrick Steet I think you can go over Patrick's Bridge and then left up Camden Quay (there's two lanes going west there now); and if you're coming from Parnell Place all you have to do is turn right in front of the Bus Office and cross the north channel over Brian Boru Bridge. Traffic would work a lot better if people could just plan their route a little bit ahead instead of "automatic" "shur this is the route I've driven for the past 20 years" :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the reduction of Patrick's Quay to single lane is causing a bottle-neck but hopefully that can be revisited.
Patrick's Quay isn't a single lane, I drove up it last night, there's still two lanes. The only lane gone from Patrick's quay is short little one that used allow a few cars to go on to Bridge street.

Patrick's Quay isn't a single lane, I drove up it last night, there's still two lanes. The only lane gone from Patrick's quay is short little one that used allow a few cars to go on to Bridge street.

Have they taken down the fencing that was on the left from below the new pedestrian bridge up to Patrick's Bridge. If so that's great. It was a crazy bottleneck that was causing tailbacks along Penrose Quay, over Collins and Dev bridge, as well as up Summerhill.

Good to hear.

Have they taken down the fencing that was on the left from below the new pedestrian bridge up to Patrick's Bridge. If so that's great. It was a crazy bottleneck that was causing tailbacks along Penrose Quay, over Collins and Dev bridge, as well as up Summerhill.

Good to hear.
The roadworks are almost finished bar feens drilling into the street in clouds of dust and noise

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼