Christmas Day in UCC

Cissie Youngs was a top notch pub when I was living around that area. Most nights there'd only be the odd few students in, typically watching a match along with a fair few middle aged and older people.

I had a buddy in a wheelchair who enjoyed the place as they looked after him. Would find us all a table, turn the lights up in our corner if we were playing a board game, etc.

It looks mental with people queuing up like they are but if they're anything like what they were like 10/15 years ago they won't have messing, won't let anyone get too messy, and will be quick to look after their non-students outside the special student days.

The last time I was in the Western Star they used to have Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video playing on repeat. Mid 80's I'd say. That and Dennehys is missed.

The last time I was in the Western Star they used to have Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video playing on repeat. Mid 80's I'd say. That and Dennehys is missed.
We had our last exams of the year somewhere up around Model Farm Road.
We first called to Dennehys for a celebratory drinks and they told us to get out. 😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: 420 Comedy Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼