Chips off the Block, the KC & Son & Sons Story

Do you know where KC's is?

• Total voters
With all the heat and grease, you’d go slowly bananas in a place like that if you didn’t have one. I miss the original yank jehovah witnesses on the counter in the (pre trendy) KC’s. There used to be fierce bantz on the line. Frances up in the Golden Fry and her hubby (?) who liked a drink were good for handing it out too.
🤔
Were they yanks or brits?

🤔
Were they yanks or brits?

American Lee. Obviously, I’m going back a long way now.

They were jehovah witnesses and their ‘day job’ was calling around houses handing out their pamphlets. You’d often see them on places like the Well Road dressed immaculately in their dark blue suits. I remember them as tall blonde hair mid western types. In mono cultural Cork back then, they were a curiosity and stood out like a sore thumb. One of them was a small pudgy little fellow though and he ran the counter. He had a non stop constant laugh and repartee going with the customers. KC’s was some craic back then.

American Lee. Obviously, I’m going back a long way now.

They were jehovah witnesses and their ‘day job’ was calling around houses handing out their pamphlets. You’d often see them on places like the Well Road dressed immaculately in their dark blue suits. I remember them as tall blonde hair mid western types. In mono cultural Cork back then, they were a curiosity and stood out like a sore thumb. One of them was a small pudgy little fellow though and he ran the counter. He had a non stop constant laugh and repartee going with the customers. KC’s was some craic back then.
You're getting 2 guys mixed up I'd say. The guy with the banter was a fella called Twomey. The other small guy wore a dickey bow and was an arrogant individual at the best of times. Think he did a stretch for sexual assault recently.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

28th Apr 2024 @ 4:15 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼