Child abuse in Scouting Ireland..

Looks like a few Scout leaders will be getting a knock on the door soon.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...child-abuse-in-scouting-ireland-37551198.html

A REVIEW of historic cases of alleged child abuse in Scouting Ireland has found evidence of 71 alleged abusers and 108 victims.

Children Minister Katherine Zappone revealed the shocking figures at an Oireachtas committee this morning.

She said reports have been made to Tusla, the Child and Family Agency and the Gardaí in relation to all of the alleged abusers who are still living.

I went to the Cubs/Scouts on one occasion with a friend when I was a lad. My standout memory was having to stand in a line with a bunch of freaks as some weirdo checked everyone's hands to see if they were clean.

I never went back, and when I see headlines like this I'm glad I didn't.

I went to the Cubs/Scouts on one occasion with a friend when I was a lad. My standout memory was having to stand in a line with a bunch of freaks as some weirdo checked everyone's hands to see if they were clean.

I never went back, and when I see headlines like this I'm glad I didn't.

Bunter?

Had a great couple of years in the Scouts. No funny shit whatsoever.

Some of the camping stuff was a good laugh. Went up to Meath I think it was one year. Two weeks camping near the Boyne. The number of wazzies was fooking incredible. Then there was the Easter camping trip. One year you'd freeze your goolies off the next you'd get sunburn. Ireland, sure ya gotta love it.

Had a great couple of years in the Scouts. No funny shit whatsoever.

Some of the camping stuff was a good laugh. Went up to Meath I think it was one year. Two weeks camping near the Boyne. The number of wazzies was fooking incredible. Then there was the Easter camping trip. One year you'd freeze your goolies off the next you'd get sunburn. Ireland, sure ya gotta love it.

Loved the cubs/scouts and have the young-fella in the cubs now, fantastic for him. And if anything disappointed that they've slacked off on the stricter protocols, like have your black shoes polished and what not, learning to be responsible for yourself and those around you is always a valuable lesson.

And regardless of recent national controversy, there is a 2 year waiting list to get into the local troop.

In slight contrast to what i said, and those of you who scouted would know the place well, but was told recently that the guy who ran the small shop at Melleray was locked up not so long ago for messing with kids, which would have been predominantly cubs etc :eek:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼