Carrigtohill Shopping Village

Barry, it’s pretty clear from your post that you don’t understand much about planning or how it works

Letting the market decide what is built as a strategy? Are you having a focking laugh?

And its pretty you are simply ignoring what is actually being said to trot out.the usual Dublin centric guff.

Understand much about planning? Gwan to fawk. Its pretty clear from the dripfeed of information coming out about the planning board that our planning system is deeply corrupt and not fit for purpose.

We have several board members who have been using their position to enrich themselves and those connected to them.

Things are just as bad as they were in the Ray Burke glory days.

Gas to see fellas here argue that the blocking of the building of literally 1000s of houses in a housing crisis is a good thing.

Jesus wept.

What relevance has that in terms of the job he is now carrying out?

Of course he has a career in planning that will cross with what he is doing now - the fact that he has qualifies him for the job! Having a background in ABP is ideal also for what he is doing now as they take a different approach to the same thing as they are not bound to precedent. His job is to make sure the councils implement planning guidance, is that not what he is doing?

:lol!:

Are you living under a rock?

'Ideal' , lolocaust.

And its pretty you are simply ignoring what is actually being said to trot out.the usual Dublin centric guff.

Understand much about planning? Gwan to fawk. Its pretty clear from the dripfeed of information coming out about the planning board that our planning system is deeply corrupt and not for purpose.

We have several board members who have been using their position to enrich themselves and those connected to them.

Things are just as bad as they were in the Ray Burke glory days.

Gas to see fellas here argue that the blocking of the building of literally 1000s of houses in a housing crisis is a good thing.

Jesus wept.
Has the ABP issue gone beyond Paul Hyde? I hadn't heard if it has. Not going to post anything else on my thoughts on it just in case

Who argued that blocking 1000s of houses is a good thing?

Has the ABP issue gone beyond Paul Hyde? I hadn't heard if it has. Not going to post anything else on my thoughts on it just in case

Who argued that blocking 1000s of houses is a good thing?

See my last post.

The Hyde scandal(s) is only the tip of the iceberg.

The current planning board are deeply corrupt. The senior counsel investigating isnt good enough. These guys have been making decisions to make money for themselves and those connected to them.

In doing so theres been laws broken. There needs to be a Gardai investigation.
Its incredible that this story has gone largely ignored. (The Examiner have been on it tbf)

If you get a chance go through that on the ditch website. Some of the stuff the board have been doing is mind blowing.

Having a joint retail strategy between Cork city and county councils could help avoid unnecessary duplication and ensure resources are used most efficiently.

Having different local authorities competing with each other does not make for a good outcome.

See my last post.

The Hyde scandal(s) is only the tip of the iceberg.

The current planning board are deeply corrupt. The senior counsel investigating isnt good enough. These guys have been making decisions to make money for themselves and those connected to them.

In doing so theres been laws broken. There needs to be a Gardai investigation.
Its incredible that this story has gone largely ignored. (The Examiner have been on it tbf)

If you get a chance go through that on the ditch website. Some of the stuff the board have been doing is mind blowing.
Will do, thanks

IMHO this should not be built so close to the city. Get the Cork to Limerick motorway built and then build this and an IKEA in Charleville or closest Mallow.

Retail in the city centre is not doing particularly well and the last thing it needs is this on its doorstep. Joint up thinking and proper planning would say this should not happen but now it's a power struggle between CCC, CC and government.
Tory Top Park in Ballphehane would make an ideal site for the new IKEA, it just needs to be rezoning from recreational to commercial, this could be done at the stroke of a pen by City Hall.

Let the market dictate.

Ikea is a nightmare. OK, flatpack furniture might be good, but the effort involved in assembling it is a nightmare for husbands and boyfriends.

The whole "my fella will put that together in no time" attitude is what gets me.

Ikea is a nightmare. OK, flatpack furniture might be good, but the effort involved in assembling it is a nightmare for husbands and boyfriends.

The whole "my fella will put that together in no time" attitude is what gets me.

I was a IKEA virgin there for a while and had a pile of flatpacks lying around but now I feel I'm a mother fucking flatpack master.
I've put up like 10 bookshelves, 2 Kallax yokes, bathroom cabinet, outdoor bench, picture frames, computer desks, etc.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Vittorio Angelone

The Everyman, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼